• May 27Memorial Day: No School - (05/27)
  • May 29Finals - (05/29 to 05/31)
  • May 31Last Day of School - (05/31)

AVLeadership hosts mini Easter egg hunt

Leadership+scattered+over+100+eggs+around+Amadors+campus+for+the+annual+Easter+egg+hunt+during+lunch.+
Aileen Hu
Leadership scattered over 100 eggs around Amador’s campus for the annual Easter egg hunt during lunch.

On Thursday, April 11, Amador Valley’s Leadership class hosted an Easter egg hunt during lunch. Over 100 eggs, including three golden eggs, were scattered around campus. The prizes for finding a golden egg was a pair of Airpods, a box of pizza, or a JBL speaker. 

“We did it because it was recently Easter, and we wanted to make the campus more fun. It gives the students something to do as they’re returning from spring break,” said egg hunt event organizer Riley Rohr (‘25). 

Thanks to these events the leadership class hosts, students become more involved in the Amador community and enjoy school. Especially with finals coming up soon for AP students, these fun events are encouraging during stressful times.

“I feel like events like this bring the campus together. It keeps spirits up, especially with spring coming. And also with Easter just passed, it keeps Amador Valley’s spirits high for the end of the year,” said Jackie Pecavar (‘25), another member of the egg hunt organizers.

The students welcomed the event and many participants from all grades were enjoying the mini game. Most looked forward especially to getting the prizes or taking a short break from academics.

“It’s just something fun to do after class. Like if you had like a test before, the egg hunt was something nice to look forward to,” said Misha Dinesh (‘27). 

Many students were also excited to find the box of Caesar’s Pizza’s golden egg. Though the egg was found within the first 10 minutes of lunch, students like Valentino Cantu (‘25) eagerly began scouring as soon as lunch started.

“I need to find that pizza. I’m hungry and the line’s too long to get some garlic pizza. I’ve been looking through the bushes, where it’s been the last couple of years, but I haven’t been able to find anything yet,” said Cantu. 

For those who could not find the prizes, don’t worry— this annual tradition will occur again next year. 

“I think that it’s going to continue to be an Amador tradition. And the leadership class will probably continue prioritizing it and make sure they do it every year,” said Pecavar.