Amador hosts annual Donversity Club Fair 2024

Aileen Hu
Amador hosted its annual Donversity Club Fair on Thursday, Feb 22 during lunch.

On Thursday, Feb. 22, Amador Valley hosted its annual Donversity Club Fair during lunch. Clubs from around campus participated by setting up booths to fundraise, recruit, and interact with the student body. However, the planning behind the club fair’s organization had begun many weeks earlier.

“To organize the club fair our committee met weekly, delegating tasks and prepping emails. Most of the planning was contacting people from different departments on campus and keeping the info organized. We also sent emails out to clubs almost weekly with regulations, how the fair will work, and an interest form,” said Sydney Head (‘24), ASB Treasurer and head of club fair committee.

The variety of clubs at the fair aimed to share their work and message with students across campus. Some leadership class officers also joined to fundraise for their grade’s events by selling Don Deckout gear.

“It’s just nice to represent the club whenever Amador hosts these types of events to expand our presence on campus and advertise to whomever may be interested. I really liked greeting members and teachers who came to support the club or simply stopped by to say hi,” said Kimberly Khow (‘24), president of AVBiotech club.

The fair grew crowded as soon as the lunch bell rang. Students were excited to explore the different clubs, and many lowerclassmen also used the chance to learn more about clubs they may potentially join next year.

“I like that I can talk to all sorts of people and learn about different clubs at the club fair. It’s fun to get to know what groups are on campus and look at what the clubs all have,” said Aiden Perez (‘26).

Lunch period flew by as students visited friends at booths and supported clubs by signing up and buying goods. Afterward, the club fair committee and club members stayed behind to clean up the Quad and put tables and chairs away.

“The Donversity Club fair is a great way of getting a getting student involvement second semester. First semester’s Pigskin was such a big hit that it’s no surprise how successful the Donversity Club fair was. The event itself was really amazing because all the clubs were helping each other, buying goods from each other and supporting each other. And tons of students visited clubs, joined clubs, and bought items. It was really special to see all these different groups on campus together,” said Head (‘24).

• The club fair committee and participating clubs’ officers arrived early to set up.

• Many clubs participated to expand their reach within the student body.

• Crochet club sold crocheted items that their members created.

• Leadership class officers sold t-shirts and other Don Deckout gear.

• Many clubs used the fair as an opportunity to fundraise.

• Jenny Fu (’24) [left] and Kiera Lai (’24) [right] prepared PinkDot Club’s booth to fundraise and raise awareness among students regarding organ donation.

• The Donversity Club Fair attracted many students throughout the lunch period.