Unveiling the Magic: How does Leadership organize and oversee the Aloha Rally experience?

Rishit Agnihotri
Prior to the event, the AV Leadership Team created and displayed a multitude of posters to get students excited for the Aloha Rally.

As the spirited week gradually drew to a close, students at Amador Valley participated in the annual Aloha Rally, where the Leadership Team was fully immersed in establishing anticipations for the inaugural school event of the year.

“For this year’s rally, we’re really hoping to bring more spirit to school. The point of the Aloha Rally is to start off the year with a lot of spirit and get it going and make people just excited for the upcoming school year,” said Taylor Cohn (‘25).

The Aloha Rally was today and was the highlight of the spirit week. Working for such a large event in a short time, the Leadership team incorporated a variety of fresh ideas into this year’s proceedings, from new games to celebrations of the diverse clubs on campus. However, there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that students often do not see that go into making the Aloha Rally a possibility. 

“We started planning the rally about three weeks before the actual day, so we have been preparing since the week before school started. With the short time for planning, we  try to incorporate new games so that people start the year with some excitement,” said Cohn.

While Leadership plays a large role in organizing the event, the Amador administration has also been involved with the rally, providing funds to clubs and organizing the schedules accordingly with teachers.

“We support and work with Mr. Weber, multiple teachers, and students to just make sure that they have what they need. As each club has their designated allotment and they use it at their discretion, there is a lot of money involved,” said Dwight Pratt, Amador Valley’s Operations Director .

• Marking the commencement of each school year, the Aloha Rally stands as an enduring tradition at Amador Valley, ushering in the new academic journey with fervor and excitement.

Due to the significant effort invested by Leadership and the administration, numerous students and teachers eagerly awaited the rally, aspiring that it would ignite a sense of school spirit for the upcoming year.

“I would say my expectation for the whole year following the rally is the pride and energy that I see in the school as a whole, as we represent a school and when people visit here, we want to have set good expectations,” said Pratt.