• May 27Memorial Day: No School - (05/27)
  • May 29Finals - (05/29 to 05/31)
  • May 31Last Day of School - (05/31)

AV Leadership hosts Senior Decisions Day celebration

Anjali Bemarkar
Leadership decorated the front of the MPR with a map of the US and college flags for seniors to sign their names on.

Months after submitting college applications, students are finally committing on a college to spend their next four years at. AV  Leadership set up an event for seniors on Wednesday, May 15th, during lunch. Outside the MPR, leadership put up college flags for students to sign and proudly display their decision. The event is called Senior Decision Day and seniors were encouraged to wear their college gear to celebrate.

“When we planned the event, we thought having the seniors write their own names would be a great [idea]. People who wanted to show off their decision would get to but people who may be waiting on a waitlist or have not committed can also keep their decisions private,” said Junior Class Vice President Ellie Kim (‘25). “We also made a map of the US so that people can show where they’re going to attend. It was a great way to spatially show where everyone would be going to for the future.”

The event was an opportunity for seniors to show off their accomplishments. It reflects the goals students worked toward during their high school experience. 

“I recently committed to my college and this was a really great way to share my decision and see where everyone was going. It was also great to wear my college merch and see everyone at school representing their colleges,” said James Ren (‘24).

Leadership prepares this event every year to recognize students’ hard work. There is also a senior decisions Instagram account where Amador’s seniors can share the college they plan to attend and their planned major.

“I recently posted my decision to go to UC Berkeley onto the account. I think it is a great way to celebrate everything I have worked towards and also interesting to see everyone’s majors and baby photos,” said Kurtis Bauman (‘24). 

The account represents an online version of senior decisions day, only it’s continuously running. Many students enjoy submitting their pictures and college decisions while connecting with others who plan to attend