Mr. Amador hosts pie-in-the-face fundraising event

Yu Zhu
Mr. Amador’s pie-in-the-face event is a fundraiser that connects students across campus with a fun atmosphere.

On Thursday, Jan. 18, and Friday, Jan. 19, the Mr. Amador Committee held a Pie-in-the-Face fundraising event at the Q-building entrance after school. For just five dollars ($5.00), people could get a ‘pie’ of shaving cream to smush into Mr. Amador members’ faces.

The pie-in-the-face event not only acts as a fundraiser, but it also creates a fun experience for the participating students and Mr. Amador committee. It helps form stronger connections between the members of the group.

“My favorite part is really just bonding with everyone, bonding with the boys, bonding with the committees, and, it’s really just a great way to connect with the community of Amador,” said Bella Vollgraf (‘24), member of the Mr. Amador Committee.

However, it was difficult for the committee to spread the news about the event. It was key to make sure students would hear of and take part in the fundraiser, and Mr. Amador members also had to sort out their own scheduling conflicts.

“The hardest part is making sure that everyone can get here, especially on time and stuff, and that we can also make sure that students who were not part of Mr. Amador know about it, and are willing to participate, even if it’s not a program they are a part of,” said Sophia Falcione (‘24), another member of the Mr. Amador Committee.

Both the Mr. Amador Boys and Committee members ended up getting a pie in their faces. (Yu Zhu)

As this event is also a fundraiser, the committee had specific goals to plan based off of when organizing the pie-in-the-face.

“Mr. Amador fundraises for the George Mark Children’s House, it’s a pediatric palliative care center for terminally ill children and their families,” said Vollgraf.

The Mr. Amador committee has existed for at least four years, but due to COVID-19, their activities were temporarily stopped. In recent years, however, it has been coming back, bringing along with it various fun activities.

“A lot of the traditions in Mr. Amador kind of stopped during COVID. I think last year was the year a lot of events happened and really made a comeback,” said Falcione.