• May 27Memorial Day: No School - (05/27)
  • May 29Finals - (05/29 to 05/31)
  • May 31Last Day of School - (05/31)

Rohini Khambholja (’25) runs jewelry Etsy business

Amelia Tsao
Rohini Khambholja (’25) runs her own etsy store containing resin jewelry and more!

Since eighth grade, Rohini Khambholja (‘25) has owned and operated her online jewelry business, Roros Trinket Store

From beaded earrings to resin gummy bears, this Amador Valley student has turned a creative outlet into a personalized store.

Purpose

Arts and crafts are universal and widely relied on for artistic expression. It can be done solo or with other people, and there are absolutely zero limits.

“I’ve always enjoyed arts and crafts. Just getting to see other people enjoy wearing it and see how excited they get when they receive such a unique gift––it’s really fun for me to see that reaction or hear about those stories,” said Khambholja.

As fewer people shop in person, there has been a boost in selling items using social media platforms. Young people especially, have been mastering the art of buying and selling clothing and accessories online over the past years.

“I sell it on Etsy, but I get more orders through Instagram,” said Khambholja.

The Start of it All

Since a young age, Khambholja has been crafty with various art supplies, developing her skills further when introduced to new things.

“Resin, one of my friends did it and I got excited about it, so I got a kit during Christmas and it’s grown from there. With the beads, I’ve always made beaded jewelry to an extent. Ever since I learned how to make more advanced things, I’ve enjoyed doing it more often,” said Khambholja.

Expanding on her long-time interest, opening an online store was undeniably a smart choice.

Why She Started the Business

The help of encouraging teachers certainly impacted Khambholja’s determination to begin her business. Oftentimes, motivation is all one needs to reach goals.

“My teachers really wanted me to sell it, so I kind of started from there,” said Khambholja.

Usually selling and gifting to friends, her Instagram account is her main source of orders, which are completed thoroughly and efficiently.

“I typically will just post it and if my friends want something or different people, they’ll message me on Instagram,” said Khambholja.

Goals for the Future

Hoping to continue her pastime, Khambholja mentions the effect of fulfilling multiple orders.

“It doesn’t really impact me because I have such bulk amounts of everything. Some people I just give it to them as gifts because I enjoy that as well. I don’t keep my jewelry too expensive. It’s very affordable, so it works out for everyone,” said Khambholja.

Despite not wanting to significantly expand her business, she does plan to keep her passion alongside her in the future.

“I think I just want to keep it as a hobby in the future, but I enjoy seeing how excited people get to wear them,” said Khambholja.