Basketball stars: Kasen and Cade Krueger shine in the new basketball season

Cade+Krueger+%2826%29+on+the+left+and+Kasen+Krueger+%2825%29+on+the+right+dominate+this+basketball+season.+
Jerry Liu
Cade Krueger (’26) on the left and Kasen Krueger (’25) on the right dominate this basketball season.

Kasen Krueger (’25) and Cade Krueger (’26), two brothers who transferred from Monte Vista High School this year, have led the Amador Valley basketball team to a perfect 4-0 start.

Kasen and Cade began playing basketball at a very young age and improved dramatically in middle school as they started focusing on their passion for the sport. 

“I started playing basketball around five. I wasn’t too good until 7th grade. That’s when I started practicing before school, late nights, and early mornings. [I] just kept grinding and got better,” said Kasen Krueger

Today, the Krueger brothers maintain the same focus off the court, spending hours before and after school – even after long practices – to focus on their bodies and improve their game.

“I go to practice during [the] season. When I get home, I shoot in the shooting machine, dribble, and do some finishing. Right now, I’m working on a lot of stretching and recovery,” said Kasen Krueger

Even their teammates, such as Joshua Antony (’24), have noticed the Krueger brothers’ hard work and dedication.

“They’re getting extra workouts in. Especially during the season, that’s really difficult because you’re already tired from whatever practice we have in school. I think the level of commitment they have towards basketball is what makes them so good,” said Antony.

Along with their tremendous work ethic, the brothers actively seek out and compete against top-level athletes nationwide. Their love for competition fuels their drive for excellence, inspiring growth and pushing the boundaries of their skills on the basketball court.

“My most memorable [moment] is probably EYBL, playing all the kids that are ranked, have a bunch of offers, and are supposed to go to the NBA. [I like] playing, guarding, and scoring on them,” said Cade Krueger.

The Kruegers have received numerous Division 1 offers. Both Kasen and Cade have received offers from High Point University. With an extra year of experience, Kasen has also received offers from USC Upstate, UCSB, and Southern Utah University. 

Even with all their accolades and success, the brothers keep being modest and open-minded as they continue their basketball journey.

“They stay really humble. Everyone respects them. They respect everybody. As team captain, I’m able to speak to them, and they’re able to listen to me, so we’re able to have a good connection on the court,” said Team Captain Ori Khasin (’24).

Case Krueger is thankful for the people who supported him the whole way from when he was a kid to the basketball star he is today. 

“I’d like to thank my mom, my dad, and my sister, too. Without my dad, mom, and sister, none of this would have been possible. They have helped me the whole way,” said Case Krueger.

Kasen Krueger feels the same. He believes he wouldn’t be here without the help of those around him throughout his entire basketball journey. 

“[I thank] my two trainers, Christian Fuca and Mike Shaughnessy, and the Lakeshow and Oakland Soldiers program, who I currently play for,” said Kasen Krueger.

The Kruegers spend hours after practice, improving their skills, keeping an open mind, and learning from coaches and competitors alike. For this, the Krueger brothers will continue to excel and lead Amador Valley to a successful basketball season. 

2
View Comments (2)
$50
$5000

$50
$5000

• S

Sara Jane BretzDec 8, 2023 at 6:37 am

That’s a very impressive article. We ate so very proud of our grandsons and all who have supported both of them.on there journey.

Reply
    • F

FrankMar 26, 2024 at 4:05 pm

Great article. Those brothers are really good! Hard to believe Kasen will be 20 when he graduates next year.

Reply