Taking photography class online at Amador

Photography students taking a walk around campus trying to find pictures to take!

Arissa Leomiti, Staff Writer

Photography 1 students at Amador shared their thoughts about the hardships they faced with class being over zoom and struggles they had to endure. Nonetheless, students tried to find some positive in the class throughout this rigorous school year.

With classes this year being online, many students felt that it was not going to be the same as if we were in-person.

“[Mrs. Fisher] found ways to make it fun for us. We would log off and go find a picture of something and then log back on. It wasn’t disappointing,” said Lindsay Day (‘21).

One disadvantage of being online was that students were not able to use certain equipment in the classroom. 

“We just couldn’t really work with the film cameras or the darkroom, but other than that we have our phones which we took pictures on,” said Maddie Cowan (‘22).

There were many hardships that had to be faced with being online for such a hands-on subject. The same goes for most art classes at Amador. In spite of these obstacles they were able successfully learn and shoot photography.

“I feel like almost an advantage of taking this class online is that in a normal school year we wouldn’t have time to go and shoot stuff, but since school gets out so early and we have Wednesdays off we can just go around and shoot,” said Cowan (‘22).

More classes than photography have experienced the same struggles. At the end of the day we’re all trying to make the best out of it!