Survivor Rally 2024: Behind the Scenes

Leo He
Leadership students and game participants spent the morning setting up and preparing for the rally.

Near the end of each school year, Amador Valley hosts the annual Survivor Rally, where students from each grade level participate in a friendly competition full of school spirit. This year, the event is organized by leadership students Kayla Rodriguez (‘25), Abigail Hall (‘25), and Sydney Head (‘24)

“It’s a battle of the classes. We have a series of games and competitions where the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors play against each other. At the end of the rally, there’s a school winner,” said Rodriguez.

The rally date was announced at the start of Greek Week, but Leadership began planning the event much earlier. 

“Through the planning, you have to figure everything out minute by minute. There’s the script, the games that we’re going to play, and our participants. There’s also a lot of minor stuff like the sound system that we need to use for the rally,” said Rodriguez.

For rally day, each grade level is assigned a color and encouraged to wear it as a show of spirit. This year, seniors are blue, juniors red, sophomores green, and freshmen orange.

The last couple hours of preparation paid off with the well-received rally filled with cheering. (Leo He)

“This year, we have some more obstacle course races. We’ve also added some elements from Greek Week with their own relay race, so that’ll all be really fun for the rally,” said Rodriguez.

Of course, the event’s preparation extends beyond the planning committee, with many other leadership students pitching in to help.

“We’re making a bunch of posters for the rally. We’re putting them up around the bleachers so they look well decorated for the event,” said Trisha Panday (‘25).

Before the rally on Friday, leadership students involved leave their 3rd period to complete the final preparations.

“It’s a lot of effort. We make lists of everything that we need to do and prepare all the vines and posters. We’ve had to stay after school for three hours almost every day to finish it all. But it’s worth it in the end because the whole thing looks really really vibrant,” said Ellie Kim (‘25).