Touchdown tradition: Amador Valley tunes into watch the Superbowl spectacle

Caleb Hong
Many students bought food to watch the game at home, like potato chips and burgers.

Last Sunday, on February 11th, a record high of more than 200 million people tuned into the nationwide event known as the Super Bowl. Locally, many students and staff sat down with their families and friends to watch the final game of the NFL schedule.

Many sports bars and restaurants are preparing for high attendance across the Bay Area, and many Amador students are certainly traveling to their local Buffalo Wild Wings or Wingstop for the event.

“Me and my family are going to a sports bar, but we don’t know which one. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings last year but this year we haven’t decided. Oh, and we’re going to be bringing a couple of close family friends too. It’s gonna be great,” said Forty-Niners Fan Arjun Anand (’25).

Sports Bars are very popular destinations, with some people reserving tables weeks and months in advance because they give people a sense of community and support.

“We like going out of the house because it’s a special event in our house. We are all Niners fans, and it’s even more special when we’re in the Super Bowl. It’s like a holiday for us,” said Anand.

The Super Bowl saw a significant increase in viewership from home as well, and many Amador students watched the big game from the comfort of their couches.

“Me and my friends all watched the game at my house. It was super fun since we were all together watching a game we all cared about,” said Forty-Niners Fan Jonas Montler.

Students who watched the game from home dined on a variety of snacks, both homemade and store-bought, throughout the game.

“We got snacks from Safeway before the game. It was packed; it seemed like everybody had the same idea. We got cookies, chips, wings, and tenders from the Deli, and drinks. We kind of got a bit of everything,” said Montler.

Throughout the Bay Area, spirits were certainly down after the heartbreaking 49ers loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. But many Amador students used this opportunity to get together and hang out, regardless of the score.

“We all hung out after the game. Regardless of the score, it was a great time to gather and have some social time together,” said Montler.