Lauren Tran (‘25) commits to Saint Mary’s College for Softball

Earning+a+scholarship+to+Saint+Marys+College%2C+Trans+achievement+stands+as+the+culmination+of+years+filled+blood%2C+sweat%2C+tears%2C+and+most+importantly%2C+hard+work.+
Zenil Koovejee
Earning a scholarship to Saint Mary’s College, Tran’s achievement stands as the culmination of years filled blood, sweat, tears, and most importantly, hard work.

Recently, Lauren Tran (‘25) committed to playing softball at St. Mary’s College.

Tran began playing softball at a young age. Since then, she has been a part of many teams. 

“I’ve been playing softball since I was five years old. So, eleven years now. I played in a [recreational] league with Phantom until I was in seventh grade. Then, when I started my travel ball experience, I played for Lady Hustle for two years, and then switched to Warrior Academy for one season,” said Tran.

During her time outside of school, Tran plays softball for the Suncats Jimenez. In addition, she has been a part of Amador’s softball team since the beginning of Freshman year.

“I practice almost every day. On weekends, I have practice for my travel ball team. When I’m not with my team, I do extra hitting lessons. Right now, for my travel ball team, we’re only practicing once a week. But, for Amador, we practice every day after school for three hours,” said Tran. 

Tran’s parents have been very supportive throughout her journey. While her father introduced her to the sport, Tran fell in love with it on her own terms. During weekends, her parents diligently accompany her to tournaments and practices, fostering her passion.

Furthermore, Tran’s coaches played a pivotal role in supporting her on the voyage to St. Mary’s.

“It was [hard to commit] to a certain college. I did have some options. The process was hard. It was hard to get where I am today. I visited St. Mary’s, got to know the players, and immediately knew that it was my home. I fit right in. It’s a beautiful campus, the coaches are very nice. I feel like I’ll have a good time there,” said Tran.

As a junior already committed to college, Tran feels a sense of relief as she doesn’t have to go through the college application process. She is grateful for the opportunity ahead of her and is excited to see what the future holds.

“I still have to keep up my athletics and my academics, but I feel relieved because all of the pressure is off me now. My coaches are confident that I’ll make an impact with my hitting and outfield skills. I look forward to being part of the team culture and experiencing college softball,” said Tran. 

Throughout her journey, Tran has gathered invaluable experiences that will remain etched in her memory for a lifetime.

“Chase your dreams because you never know what’s possible. Keep your options open,” said Tran.