Fall sports: everything you missed at the info meeting

Michael Jaramillo goes over all the sports coaches and how to contact them.

Katy Clark, A&E Page Editor

On Tuesday, May 23rd, Amador Valley High School hosted a fall sports meeting in the large gym to welcome new Amador athletes. Starting at 6:00 p.m. the meeting covered all the steps that students need to complete in order to compete in the fall and new developments for the fall.

“We are starting a girl’s Flag Football program. We are in the process of interviewing coaches, said  Vice Principal Michael Jaramillo.

The meeting had two speakers; AV Vice Principal Michael Jaramillo and Amador Boosters Representative, Dave Jagoe. The general presentation lasted around forty minutes.

“Our official start date in the fall is August 7th. Students must be prepared to participate on day one, said Jaramillo.

Jaramillo detailed the clearance process on Home Campus. The registration dates for the various sports in the fall, more information could be found on the athletics tab under the Amador Valley website. Jaramillo clarified the academic policy that students must abide by in order to participate in sports. 

“You need at least a 2.0 GPA [which is] basically straight C’s. The grades we look at are June grades. So, if you go to Harvest Park right now or PMS we will be looking at those June grades,” said Jaramillo.

Several positions are necessary to run the team: head coach, treasurer, booster representative, and team manager. These positions help manage the team and help collect voluntary donations to help the team and boosters.

“So, when your coach tells you what your voluntary donation is, every parent that does not pay that amount of money is a shortfall. You theoretically need to be at 100% [paid], and any team that is short from that you end up paying somehow,” said Jagoe.

Jagoe also introduced the big fundraiser event that AV Boosters puts on during the season. 80’s themed prom from the current school year will be replaced with a Halloween-themed event in October.