49ers support local environmental treasures through license plates

Julia Evans
49ers will produce multiple types of plates with their individual costs, all being limited time deals

In honor of Earth Day, the 49ers Foundation and the California Natural Resource Agency have collaborated to introduce an official 49ers license plate that will go into production next year. The partnership aims to pre-sell 7,500 plates, the requirement to guarantee the plate becomes a permanent offering at the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

“As a football mom and 49ers fan, I would love to have this license plate. It’s great that it’s going to a good cause too,” said Amador Parent Jessica Holmes.

What about the money? 

A portion of the funds will be directed towards the CNRA. The agency’s mission is the preservation and management of California’s environmental and cultural treasures. With 75% of the proceeds allocated to the state’s “Outdoors for All” initiative, the project will promote inclusivity by enhancing park accessibility for underrepresented communities.

“I am a 49ers fan and one of my favorite things to do is go to parks. This is like a combination of my interests. I hope the license plate becomes a permanent one so I can get it next time I need a license plate,” said Sahana Garg (‘24).

Where can I get one? 

The 49ers license plate can now be pre-ordered through the 49ers Foundation’s official website. The plate is available for autos, trailers, trucks, and motorcycles. Buyers also can select between a personalized plate or a sequential plate. While the pricing remains consistent across all vehicle types, the personalized plate is priced higher at $103 compared to the sequential plate priced at $50.

“I don’t play football anymore but the 49ers are still my team. I’m excited to see these license plates on the road in representation,” said Former Varsity Football Player Milo Evans (‘24).