• May 27Memorial Day: No School - (05/27)
  • May 29Finals - (05/29 to 05/31)
  • May 31Last Day of School - (05/31)

Final spring bloom: Spring sports wrap up their seasons for the school year

Rishit Agnihotri
Athletes from Track to Softball all head towards their NCS/EBAL matches in hopes to qualify to state level competitions.

With the end of the school year nearing, many spring sports are wrapping up their seasons, with some teams making it to the East Bay Athletic League (EBAL), while others making it even further to the North Coast Section (NCS) and beyond. 

“I think the highlight of the season is always the end of the season when we get into the postseason meets that are happening right now. But we just finished the EBAL championships and it’s always fun to get to those meets because everybody’s in really good shape at that point. And they have really good competition around them so they’re pressed to do really well and we see a lot of the best marks of the season come at this time,” said the Track and Field Coach Jason Oswalt. 

The Amador Valley swim team had a good season, with dozens swimming at EBALs, some winning their heats while others coming close, and many going on to NCS and State.

“I would say the greatest highlight is probably the moment when we beat Foothill the second time. We played them because we lost to them the first time and we beat them the second time. The score was 5 -4. It was a very high and exciting match,” said Tennis player Minsung Kim (‘25).

The Softball team is going strong, still going on through NCS, while the baseball team did not do as great, as they recently lost their rivalry game.

This year’s season was honestly a little disappointing. We went through some adversity with some illness and kind of struggled at times to gain some consistency and the record doesn’t really reflect ability or potential,” said Baseball Coach Lou Cesario.

Track and Field did well, with a handful of athletes making it to NCS, and boys Volleyball making it to NCS.

Never have any regrets. It’s competitive athletics. Everybody’s trying to win. We just do our best and then see what happens. No regrets,“ said Cesario.