• April 15Tax Day - (04/15)
  • April 22Earth Day & Passover - (04/22)

Weather

• 10 PM
    49 °
  • 11 PM
    48 °
  • 12 AM
    48 °
  • 1 AM
    48 °
  • 2 AM
    47 °
  • 3 AM
    47 °
  • 4 AM
    47 °
  • 5 AM
    48 °
  • 6 AM
    48 °
  • 7 AM
    51 °
  • 8 AM
    55 °
  • 9 AM
    58 °
  • 10 AM
    62 °
  • 11 AM
    65 °
  • 12 PM
    68 °
  • 1 PM
    70 °
  • 2 PM
    71 °
  • 3 PM
    71 °
  • 4 PM
    71 °
  • 5 PM
    68 °
  • 6 PM
    65 °
  • 7 PM
    61 °
  • 8 PM
    58 °
  • 9 PM
    56 °
  • 10 PM
    55 °
April 15
64°/ 42°
Partly Cloudy
April 16
72°/ 47°
Partly Cloudy
April 17
74°/ 53°
Overcast
Monkey Man pumps the theater full of excitement with its long action sequences.
Movie Review: Monkey Man
Edwin He, AVT Profiles Page Editor • April 15, 2024

Released to theaters on April 5th, 2024, Monkey Man is director Dev Patel’s debut film. The bloody thriller movie is a revenge story following...

This past spring break, Amadors campus beautification project officially started and the majority of fence cup signs are now complete.
Amador campus Beautification Project begins over spring break
Aileen Hu, AVT Editor-in-Chief • April 14, 2024

Over spring break, Amador’s campus beautification project was officially set into motion. Student and parent volunteers worked with the Amador...

Leadership scattered over 100 eggs around Amadors campus for the annual Easter egg hunt during lunch.
AVLeadership hosts mini Easter egg hunt
Shimon Arai, AVT Local News Editor • April 12, 2024

On Thursday, April 11, Amador Valley’s Leadership class hosted an Easter egg hunt during lunch. Over 100 eggs, including three golden eggs,...

Sporting splurge: Why do AV athletes’ invest hundreds in sports equipment?

Rishit Agnihotri
Athletes needs all types of equipment, from shoes to their uniforms, that all help them perform in their sports.

Different sports require varying spending budgets for equipment. Typically, certain equipment is deemed essential, while others are considered advantageous.

“A lot of baseball players utilize items for arm care. We use things called J bands, which help us loosen up our arms. We also use weighted balls, which also aid in arm flexibility,” said AV Baseball player Alekh Shah (’24).

However, the essential gear for a baseball player, such as bats, gloves, and cleats, can total up to approximately $800. In contrast, sports like basketball rely on smaller items like headbands, arm sleeves, and accessories to enhance the athlete’s mindset.

“Often in basketball, you’ll notice players wearing various accessories. While these may not directly enhance athletic performance, feeling confident in your appearance can improve your gameplay,” said AV Basketball player Ori Khasin (’24).

Sports involving intense cardio, such as running, emphasize the importance of recovery in the daily workout regimen. For instance, a quality massage gun typically costs around $100.

“A highly beneficial piece of equipment that runners frequently use is the massage gun, particularly for post-practice recovery,” said AV Track runner Pritvij Rajesh (’24).

Footwear is indispensable for every sport. While prices may vary, sports shoes typically range between $50 and $100, making them relatively affordable for a year’s worth of sports activities.

“All you really need is a good pair of shoes and a basketball, if you don’t already have one. A top-quality basketball might set you back around $60, while a decent pair of shoes costs roughly double that amount. Basketball courts are readily available for anyone to play,” said Khasin.