Sunshine thanks teachers by hosting annual Pie Social

Amador+Valley+High+School+Teachers+Chuck+Snyder%2C+Jamie+Turner%2C+Michael+DiPaola%2C+%26+Julie+Foley+enjoy+time+together+at+the+annual+Pie+Social.+
JT Williams
Amador Valley High School Teachers Chuck Snyder, Jamie Turner, Michael DiPaola, & Julie Foley enjoy time together at the annual Pie Social.

Today, the Amador Valley Sunshine group hosted their annual Pie Social at Amador.  This pie social is an annual event that helps to give thanks for all teachers do for the students and school. 

“It’s one time where all the staff come together,” said Amador Valley High School Health teacher Julie Foley

The Sunshine organization takes care of Amador Valley teachers. They host events like the annual Pie Social,  send cards for important events, and offer help to teachers in need, 

Sunshine is a group that helps host parties, gives out cards for special occasions or a loss in a family, and supports teachers” said Amador Valley High School Health teacher Tiler Templeton.

The week before Thanksgiving Break is a busy time for teachers.  Amador Valley teachers are doing a lot more than just teaching classes. Most are also writing reference letters, posting grades for Progress Reports, and trying to grade tests and assignments before the school closes for the week-long break. 

The annual Pie social is a favorite of many teachers at Amador. It’s also a great opportunity for teachers to take a quick break and say hello to fellow teachers during brunch.

Teachers were offered lots of different desserts, though the Pumpkin Pie tends to be the crowd favorite. (JT Williams)

Teachers were treated to desserts like Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, cake and cupcakes. 

“On the Thursday before Thanksgiving break, all the staff gather around for this event. One thing I’m always thankful for is gathering around with my fellow teachers and enjoying pie” said Amador Valley High School Social Studies teacher Jill Battilega.