Starbucks recipes: Specialize your order for Halloween

Jocelyn (Hsin-Chiao) Hsu
Every year, Starbucks customers order over 20 variations of custom Halloween drinks.

With nine stores in Pleasanton, Starbucks is one of the most popular places people go to grab drinks, snacks, and breakfast.

There are approximately over 87,000 different drinks combinations at Starbucks, but only 225 items on its menu. That means most of the drinks combinations are hidden. And as Halloween approaches, people on social media begin sharing  their custom Halloween special recipes.

Custom Halloween Secret Drinks

Zombie Frappuccino 

Price: $6.35 (size: tall)

The Zombie Frappuccino is a murky green drink topped with strawberry inclusions. The drink is multi-layered— caramel drizzle mixed with rich vanilla base followed by a dash of matcha. It’s rather sweet, especially with all the extra cream and syrup added. 

To order a Zombie Frappuccino, start with a Vanilla & Cream Frappuccino blended with matcha powder. Ask your barista to put caramel drizzle along the side of the cup to create a gloomy appearance. Finally, add whipped cream strawberry inclusions to top it off, establishing the red-to-green zombie-like colors. 

Mary Sanderson Frappuccino

Price: $6.35 (size: tall)

Inspired by the Halloween comedy Hocus Pocus, the Mary Sanderson Frappucinno is a bloody-looking icy drink. It tastes like strawberry chocolate with a delightful blend of creamy sweetness and a hint of tartness. The whipped cream on top balances the tart strawberry inclusions. 

To get a Mary Sanderson Frappucinno, order a Strawberry & Cream Frappuccino with strawberry inclusions. Substitute sweetener for white mocha. Lastly, add mocha drizzle and strawberry puree to the top and bottom of the drink, creating the bloody effect. 

Wednesday Addams Drink

Price: $6.30 (size: tall)

The Wednesday Addams Drink is a good alternative for those of who want caffeine but without its bitterness. This drink is inspired by The Addams Family’s themed colors. The cold foam on top will gradually sink, blending with a Mocha Cold Brew, and creating a mysterious feel. It tastes rather strong in mocha, so mixing the cold foam into the drink will balance it out. 

To get a Wednesday Addams Drink, start with a Cold Brew with six pumps of mocha sauce. This first step makes the drink look a lot darker. For the next and last step, add a scoop of vanilla bean powder in the cold foam. Then once you receive your drink, shake it so that the cold foam creates layers with the Cold Brew. 

Final Thoughts

It’s definitely worth trying out new combinations to make your drink a custom Halloween edition. However, most recipes online are over-sweetened and strong in  flavor with all the add-ons. Remember to adjust them according to your own preference. To try out more secret recipes, ask the barista or search them up on blog websites.