TeaZenTea arrives for Pleasanton’s love for boba

Alyssa Vu
TeaZenTea is located in the heart of downtown and it’s cozy storefront welcomes customers.

To keep up with Pleasanton’s persistent boba craze, downtown opened its third boba store, TeaZenTea. This store offers a variety of treats such as boba, smoothies, coffee, and their famous waffles. 

With a diverse menu, TeaZenTea has around 60 customizable drink options. Customers can adjust their sugar, ice, and toppings specifically to their taste, and TeaZenTea even offers nondairy milk and creamer options. Here we rated a few popular items that we found on their menu.

Brown Sugar Milk Tea

Price: $6.99

One of their most popular drinks is the Brown Sugar Milk Tea. It is a classic milk tea drink with brown sugar drizzled along the sides of the cup. The rich flavor of the brown sugar encapsulates the milk tea even without the boba. 

If you are not a big fan of overly sweet flavors, I recommend lowering the sugar level. Overall, this drink is worth trying for those who like a classic brown sugar milk tea and just want something authentic.

Strawberry Cow

Price: $6.99

The Strawberry Cow is a matcha drink mixed with strawberry. Topped with a smooth strawberry cheese foam, this drink is a perfect combination of flavors. The sweetness of the strawberry infusion perfectly balanced out the subtle bitterness of the matcha flavor. For those who enjoy understated sweetness, matcha, and strawberry– this is just the drink for you.

Creme Brulee

Price: $7.50

The Creme Brulee is a decadent milk tea topped with brown sugar syrup and actual creme brulee. For fans of creme brulee, sweetness, or a dessert you can drink, the Creme Brulee is the perfect option.

However, the drink was extremely rich, so I would recommend that customers adjust the sugar down as much as possible. Creme brulee topping and syrup created most of the sweetness. Despite the amount of sugariness, I greatly enjoyed this drink and would recommend it to anyone looking for a very sweet treat.

Waffles

Price: 4.50

The waffles are house-made and made to order. You get a fresh, steaming waffle and choice of drizzle of either sweetened condensed milk of Nutella. Many many customers and staff recommend the waffles. It comes in with authentic flavors such as pandan and ube.

Final Thoughts

The Pleasanton location is an accessible walking distance from Amador and the store is the perfect hangout spot. Equipped with plenty of seating, friendly staff, and glowing reviews on Yelp and Google, TeaZenTea is a great option for boba-loving students.

• With it’s flavorful drinks and delicious waffles, TeaZenTea is definitely a place worth visiting.

• From the left is the Creme Brulee, Strawberry Cow, and Brown Sugar Milk Tea. Three of the most popular drinks in TeaZenTea.

• The store offers seating as well as a place to take pictures.