Appreciating our graduating players: Senior night game pays homage to upperclassmen

Julia Evans
Senior Jake Goldsworthy (’24) is celebrated in the Senior Night Game with his family right by his side.

On the evening of Friday, October 6th, Amador Valley’s Varsity Football Team took to the field against Dougherty High School. It was a special occasion as the team celebrated Senior Night, an event dedicated to honoring the graduating senior players by being proudly introduced to the field.

“It was special being able to go on the field with my family and get congratulated. I’ve played high school football for all four years so it was a nice reminder of how far I’ve come,” said Varsity Football Player Milo Evans (‘24).

The Senior Night event was a collaborative effort led by the school’s Leadership Class. Their preparations included creating personalized posters for each player, along with thoughtful gifts to enhance the celebration. 

“We made posters and gifts to congratulate and thank the seniors for being leaders on the team. We hope the team liked them and made the day a little more special,” said Leadership Student Kriti Gaur (‘24).

Throughout the entire season, the senior players have provided strong leadership for the team. Recognizing that this is the seniors’ final year, the emerging players are learning valuable lessons and guidance from them with goals to follow in their footsteps.

“I really look up to Seniors on the team. They have helped me so much and inspired me. They are very supportive and have made the spirit of the team so much stronger. I hope next year I can lead the team in the way they did,” said Jason Larson (‘26).

Amador Valley’s Varsity Football Team still has several games remaining in this season, including the highly-anticipated Homecoming Gam. With the guidance and support of senior players, it’s certain that the rest of the season will be a success.