2019 Homecoming Skits recap

Matthew Carter, Staff Writer

Homecoming skits is an annual tradition at Amador, where Dons of all grade levels come together to perform hilarious and entertaining skits for a fun filled night. This event occurs every year, on one night during the week leading up to the Homecoming game and dance.

Amador students enjoy seeing their friends and fellow students on stage, and sharing in several inside jokes meant only for the students. This year’s skits were no different with many fun inside jokes made by the cast and hosts that only Dons would understand. 

“It’s fun to make fun of ourselves,” said Kiana Lum (‘23)

Not only was the night fun for the audience, but the cast members themselves all admitted that they had a great time with the production as well. 

“I did skits last year, and it has a special little place in my heart. It was hard because there’s a lot of other shows that I’m in right now, but it was really important for me to try and fit it in, so I’m really glad that I got to be a part of it,” said Sarah Chen (‘22). 

The Freshmen kicked off the night with their funny western themed skit, followed by the sophomores rocking out during their snowball themed skit. 

The juniors chilling out during Woodstock themed skits based in the 1960s. Finally, the seniors danced the night away during their Donchella skit.

The four wonderful hosts, Trevor Asbery, Charlotte Nazareno, Jeremy May, and Alexis Bayani, all in the graduating class of 2020, brought laughs and excitement to the entirety of skits.

Many Amador students participate in skits year after year because it is such a fun event to be a part of.

“After helping host last year’s skits, I decided to come back and have more fun with my friends,” said Matt Kenning (‘20).

Overall, it seems like everyone in the audience and on stage had a good time at this year’s homecoming skits and enjoyed laughing alongside their fellow Dons.