Table Talk: Season 2

Season 2 arrives with a great bang as we continue our journey from 2021, and bring it all the way to 2022! Welcome back to the only podcast on AmadorValleyToday that is relevant and up to date at all times.

Are NFT’s a Scam?

NFT’s have been all the rage for the past few years, and have represented the digital realm ever since the pandemic commenced. So we thought, why not start out the second season of Table Talk with a bit of reminiscing? While we aren’t recalling past memories in this episode, Ritika Ghosh and Parth Mishra are certainly going to interview various people about the significance of NFT’s in this modern era, and whether they are a scam or not.

Music credit: “Ambient Blues Joe” by Lobo Loco (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), and “Dry Leaves” by El Wud (CC BY-NC 4.0) on the Free Music Archive.

College & COVID

Universities all across America have shut down due to the recent surge of the Omicron variant. However, this isn’t news, as they have been shutting down on and off for about two years now. Krithika (’24) talks to college counselor Mrs. Bays and university sophomore Priya about the conditions of college students as of now, and how they can support themselves and others through this harsh pandemic.

Music Credit: “Dry Leaves” by El Wud on the Free Music Archive.

The State of Minimum Wage Jobs

Teenagers are employed all across America in jobs that pay minimum wage. While they are earning money and experience that’ll assist them later in life, how do they really feel about working unskilled jobs? In this episode, Ritika interviews various teenagers working minimum wage jobs and asks them about their experience.

Music Credit: “Dry Leaves” by El Wud on the Free Music Archive, all music from WeVideo

Glamorization of drugs in teen TV shows and beyond

Pop culture has been a massive cause of the popularization of drugs for modern-day society, to a point where they are even portrayed in a positive light at times. However, how much of this popularization actually gets through to harming teenagers’ view of substances? AVRadio Editor-in-Chief Parth Mishra (’23) seeks to answer this question by interviewing both staff and student to gather scientific knowledge and different perspectives on the issue.

What is Mr. Amador?

Mr. Amador is back in AVHS, baby! Ritika Ghosh and Katy Clark (’23) interview the Mr. Amador organizers and various other people involved with the program to learn what it really is about, and how it is significant to not only Amador Valley High School, but the community of Pleasanton as well.

Music Credit: All music from WeVideo

The Upcoming AP Tests- How students are studying for it, how they think they’ll do, and is it really that valuable?

The dreaded AP tests are just a few days away, and students are preparing for them by studying to the fullest. However, how exactly are they studying? And is the AP test worth putting so much effort into? To get an answer to these questions, Parth Mishra (’23) consults fellow students and Mr. Weaver on their opinion of AP tests.

Music Credit: “Swinging Sofas” by Lobo Loco (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) and “Dry Leaves” by El Wud (CC BY-NC 4.0) on the Free Music Archive

SAT Requirements Reinforced in MIT: What does that entail for the future of admissions?

A tumultuous lockdown experience has seemingly convinced elite research university MIT to reinstate SAT requirements for 2023 admissions. In this episode, Enzo Peixoto (’25) analyzes the two sides to the argument and the reactions such a decision.

Music Credit: “Ambient Blues Joe” by Lobo Loco (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) and “Dry Leaves” by El Wud (CC BY-NC 4.0) on the Free Music Archive

NATO’s Passive Stance on the Russo-Ukrainian Conflict: Appeasement or Necessity?

NATO’s lack of response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine has been concerning to the global populace, with some criticizing the organization for abandoning a budding candidate and allowing Russia to violate international peace, while others in support of such passiveness in fear of a global conflict. In this episode, Parth (’23) interviews Jan Schullerus (’24), a German exchange student at Amador, and Shrika Kulkarni (’24), a sophomore at Amador, on their opinion concerning the dilemma that is the Russo-Ukrainian conflict.

Is there a Problem with Cinco de Mayo?

While Cinco de Mayo is often celebrated all across the United States of America with widespread fervor as a symbol of Mexican culture, the American populace has many misconceptions about the day, from its historical background to its significance in the Mexican diaspora. In this episode, Sarah Yang (’23) tackles the questions of what is Cinco de Mayo’s true significance, what does it mean to the American people, and whether the Mexican community really is okay with us celebrating this day with such festivity.

Music Credit: “sailing day” by Dee-Yan Key (CC BY-NC 4.0) and “Dry Leaves” by El Wud (CC BY-NC 4.0) on the Free Music Archive

The Ups and Downs of School Post-COVID

The global education system was possibly the most negatively affected aspect of our lives following the COVID lockdown. Now that they’re back, Amador students and staff have a lot to say about this year’s return to in-person learning, and Eva Raul (’23) is here to document it all.

Music Credit: “Swinging Sofas” by Lobo Loco (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) and “Dry Leaves” by El Wud (CC BY-NC 4.0) on the Free Music Archive.

Stress For Finals- What causes it, and how to deal with it

As the 2021-2022 end of the year finals near ever so close, it is important to take stress into factor. This vital component of a human’s emotional system determines a majority of a person’s academic performance, and the same goes for finals. In this episode, Milla Zuniga (’23) lists of ways to prevent stress from hampering your performance during finals, through the opinion of both experts and an experienced high school senior.

Music Credit: “Swinging Sofas” by Lobo Loco (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), “The Journey” by Audiobinger (CC BY-NC 4.0), and “Dry Leaves” by El Wud (CC BY-NC 4.0) on the Free Music Archive.

The convoluted case between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard has raised concerns and confusion amongst the various online communities. Ritika Ghosh (’23) is here to tackle a question on the forefront of many people’s minds- should celebrities have more power in court?