• May 27Memorial Day: No School - (05/27)
  • May 29Finals - (05/29 to 05/31)
  • May 31Last Day of School - (05/31)

5 heartfelt ways to make Mother’s Day unforgettable

Anita Gautam
Self care bundles are a great option for a gift. They’re even better if they’re catered especially for your mom.

With Mother’s Day around the corner, many of us may still be wondering about what to get for our moms this year. Mothers are always such a big part of our lives and it can be hard to find gifts that will make them feel special and appreciated for the amazing women that they are.

1. Self Care Baskets

Mothers are always caring about us, and now, it’s our turn to take care of them. A gift set filled with beautiful and much needed self-care is always the answer. You can find these sets at stores like Sephora, Target, Ulta, or you can take it into your own hands and curate the best basket by yourself. Just make sure it has all of the essentials like face masks, candles, and a good snack!

2. Self Care Day

On the topic of self care, you can organize your mom a self care trip. You can book one of the many spa places around the Bay Area and offer your mom an ultimate day of relaxation. Mothers always take care of the family, and it is important to offer them a day of relaxation on their special day. 

3. Memorable Cooking Session

Most of us always remember the way our mom’s cooked when we were younger. This Mother’s Day, you can organize a home cooking class and learn your mom’s favorite recipes with her help. That way, your mom has extra hands to help her in the kitchen and you can inherit the recipes. 

An alternative would be finding a cooking master class you can take. These classes range from learning how to make your own pasta or baking a cake. Those are always fun if you’re planning to do a girls day.

4. Artsy Activities

Artistic moms are not getting left behind. If your mom loves arts and crafts, you might consider giving her an art set. You can find costume ones on Etsy filled with materials your mom might use for her next project. Another idea for an artsy gift might be to go to a pottery painting studio or even a pottery making class. In downtown Pleasanton, Color Me Mine is a great option. 

5. Making Life Easier

Many moms tell their kids and significant others about things they think will make their life easier. Maybe your mom will appreciate a new set of pots and pans for her amazing dinners, or maybe she needs new decor for hosting warm and welcoming family gatherings. 

Lastly, if you feel like these gifts are something that doesn’t fit your mom, you can always opt for a nice brunch or dinner with your family. And most importantly, don’t forget to wish your mom the best day ever!

Happy Mothers Day!