The haunted history of downtown Pleasanton through photos

• Many people throughout the town visit the Museum on Main to learn about the history of the most “Desperate Town in the West” through the books and brochures sold.

• People throughout the city still decorate their houses to represent their halloween spirit, preserving the importance of the city’s haunted history through their displays.

• Located near the original railway line around the Meadowlark Dairy, the Pleasanton Train Depot holds the ghosts of many workers and Native Americans died passing through.

• Serving as the oldest gas station in the entire city, The Pleasanton Gas Station is a preserved remnant created from the Germania Hotel in 1931, serving guests passing throught the bar-filled town.

• The popular club located right next to the Museum on Main is rumored to be one of the most haunted buildings in the region, full of reports of abnormal sounds and items moving by themselves.

• Towering over Main Street, the Rose Hotel has been told by many to be haunted by a ghost of a courtesan who died in the original building before the second was built in the 20th century.

• Artifacts representing the town’s desperate history are held in the Pleasanton Main Museum, holding the title of being one of the oldest buildings in town.

• Located near the end of Main Street, Gay 90’s Pizza has its fair share of ghost stories surrounding the “Boo” mirror, told by many to be haunted by the Blue Woman.

• Abandoned buildings have long been a part of downtown Pleasanton’s character, their weathered facades and vintage architecture silently preserving decades of rich history.

• On the side of Main Street following the Museum, Towne Center Books is considered to be one of downtown’s oldest buildings, where ghosts are said to be moving books in the youth section.

• Many artifacts represent the past of Pleasanton in the Museum, showcasing the wild history the town went through during its time as center for bandits and criminals.

• Many say that the Pleasanton Hotel is haunted by a ghost of a courtesan named Lily, commonly seen in mirrors and passing through the rooms.

• Before being named and established as Pleasanton, the town of Alisal was known to be a place full of bandits and ladies of the night, renowned as the “Most Desperate Town of the West”.

• Many Pleasanton storefronts decorate for Halloween, channeling the city’s spooky history.

1
View Comments (1)
$50
$5000

$50
$5000

• S

Shimon AraiOct 17, 2023 at 10:27 pm

Awesome pictures, especially the first one where you took a photo of a decorated house. How did you take a photo of the Rose Hotel doors without getting yourself in the shot though?

Reply