• May 27Memorial Day: No School - (05/27)
  • May 29Finals - (05/29 to 05/31)
  • May 31Last Day of School - (05/31)

Classes of the past meet to celebrate Amador’s Centennial

To finish off its Centennial weekend, Amador Valley alumni hosted class reunions on Saturday, September 16 to celebrate Amador’s rich history and previous generations of proud Dons. 

“The importance of a class reunion is to reconnect with friendships that you made when you were in high school and seeing people after you haven’t seen them for a long period of time,” said Class of ‘93 reunion organizer Kelly French (‘93).

During the reunions, Amador alumni caught up with their old friends and laughed over their past memories, bonding over what brought them joy in their high school years.

“I absolutely loved working with Dorothy Davis. the advisor and teacher for journalism and the Amadon. I loved playing basketball for John Underwood and Skip Mohatt,” said Dennis Jones (‘78)

• The Dons of 1993 enjoy a taco dinner from a local business: a flavorful reminder of their years in Pleasanton.

• Attendees at the Class of ’93 reunion relax during a warm sunset behind Kottinger’s Barn.

• Festive gold balloons commemorate the friendships and adventures former Dons enjoyed during their time at Amador Valley.

• Kottinger’s Barn is filled with festivity as Amador’s Class of ’93 soaks in the rustic and nostalgic atmosphere.

• Amador’s Class of ’93 held their reunion at Kottinger’s historic barn, a timeless Pleasanton landmark.

• Former Amador students enjoy the warm weather while catching up on fond school memories.

• Amador alumni Alan Coatney (’79) and Joel Soppet (’79), as well as Joel’s wife, Ellen Soppet, discuss their unique post-high school life stories.

• At the reunion, Amador graduates enjoy a picnic in the park while connecting with old friends and acquaintances.

• A brightly colored sign welcomes Amador Valley’s Class of ’78 to their centennial reunion held at Delucchi Park.

Despite numerous changes over the decades, Amador’s campus still feels like home for its alums.

“Amador still maintains the same basic feel to it. It looks very familiar that way with the same houses and roof lines as it did before,” said Steve Hine (‘78)

Enjoying a warm summer picnic, alumni delightedly shared intriguing stories from their high school life, many of which would surprise today’s students. 

“One memory that comes to mind is the epic snowball fight in February of 1976. It snowed, and the snow stuck, and you could make snowballs out of it. After school was out, half the school was out in a snowball fight and just pelting each other with snow,” said Hine

As Amador celebrates its 100th birthday, the classes of ‘78 and ‘93 met up at Delucchi Park and Kottinger’s Barn respectively. Many alumni have not returned to Amador in years, and reunion organizers worked tirelessly to welcome former Dons.

“I really enjoyed finding a venue that would be enjoyable for all of my classmates to reconnect and have a good time, especially being tied into the centennial,” said French.

In all the years Amador has been educating Pleasanton’s youth, it is clear that its spirit of unity and friendship has not changed at all.“I remember that it was a very positive place to be. It was a fun school campus with a lot of camaraderie. I really enjoyed the sports culture, and I think that was woven throughout the school,” said Debbie Bell (‘93).