Mr. Amador wins Outstanding Youth Philanthropist award

Mia Hildebrand

A few students from the Mr. Amador team stand in front of a home after a day of planning.

Imogen Rogers, Editor-in-Chief

The Mr. Amador committee received an award from the Golden Gate Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) on August 21.

“This year, AFP… honor[s] those who generously give their time, talents and resources for the enrichment and benefit of communities in the counties of San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and San Mateo,” said Jennifer Hull of AFP in a press release.

Every year, AFP recognizes charity groups from all over the United States, with Mr. Amador being one of the lucky few honored with an award.

“Chapters throughout the nation come together to celebrate the philanthropic work done by individuals and organizations in their communities,” said Hull.

Our boys pageant, having raised over $40,000 for the George Mark Children’s House, was awarded Outstanding Youth Philanthropist for their work and fundraising abilities.

“It is definitely an honor and it represents over 50 students who have worked tirelessly for George Mark House. We have been honored to continue this work and make a difference in terminally and chronically ill children,” said Mr. Amador supervisor Lynn Kirksey.

AFP has been joining and acknowledging the accomplishments of national charities for 50 years. November 18th is National Philanthropy Day.

National Philanthropy Day is a celebration to recognize and pay tribute to the meaningful contributions that philanthropy — and those active in local philanthropic communities — make to our lives, communities, and world,” said Hull.

Amador is so proud of the Mr. Amador committee and its achievements and contributions to the community in the 2020-21 school year.