SENIORS – Counselor College and Career Help Events

William Huang, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again, when college comes knocking on the door. All the sleepless nights and tears have finally paid off, and it’s time to leave the nest of high school. However, this leap forward can be challenging and even frightening, with the dread of the costs and not knowing where to start. Luckily, the counselors offer many college help events on campus to help everyone in need. 

“We want students to be as prepared as possible,” explained Mrs. Woodworth, “College can be hard to navigate and we want students to open to all the educational possibilities and be ready for the next step which is finding a career.”

For those stressed out already, fear not. There are a number of upcoming college workshops and sessions.

Counselors will be in the MP during every Access up to November 21st. Seniors can come in to get help from the counselors for their college apps.

For those worried about financial aid, there will be a financial aid night on November 14th from 6:30-8:00PM in the MP.

Finally there will be the Tri-Valley College Fair (at Dublin High School) on October 21st from 6-8pm. The TVROP Fair will cover career options and guides on how to get started if college is not the right fit for you. Seniors will also get an opportunity to discover career options that they might not have thought about before.

There’s was a counseling and college Night (AVHS) on the 8th and a college application night on the 10th. Students and parents who attended found help and guidance on the college application process and the UC/CSU applications.  

“At first I thought I had all the tools I needed, but I decided to go anyways since my friends recommended it to me,” said Nora Youn (‘20), “Not going there would have been a huge mistake, since they helped me point out some things on my application that were missing. Everyone there was nice and willing to help anyone out.”

For those who are about to journey on to the next step in life, knowing where to start is the most important detail. The counseling department is more than willing to help those in need.