Top 5 Valentine’s Day ideas in the city of Pleasanton

Alyssa Vu
With paint-it-yourself ceramic pieces, Color Me Mine is the perfect option for a creative and interactive day.

From its beginning as a commercial holiday in the 1840s, Valentine’s Day became an important celebration of love and romance. Throughout the years, the holiday transformed into a commemoration of both platonic and romantic affection. Every year, couples, friends, and everything in between celebrate the appreciation they have for each other.

However, figuring out how to make each and every Valentine’s day special can be daunting. From dinner to stargazing to simply spending time together, the possibilities are endless. Here, we’ve narrowed down a few options to make this Valentine’s memorable.

Color Me Mine

Price: $35+

Located on Maine Street, this paint-it-yourself pottery studio provides a creative and enjoyable experience. The relaxed atmosphere encourages teamwork and allows for meaningful conversation while engaging in a shared activity. Plus, you get to take home a personalized memento of your time together. 

Inklings Coffee & Tea

Price: $5.30+

Grabbing coffee is a classic way to spend time with someone, and Inklings’ seasonal Valentine’s menu creates the perfect atmosphere. Located in the heart of downtown, the coffeehouse provides a casual setting for easy conversation. Because it is way less formal than a traditional dinner date, Inklings provides a warm and comfortable environment to connect. 

Regal Cinemas

Price: $20+

Another classic date idea is the movie theater. From Madame Web to Bob Marley: One Love, there are movies for everyone coming out this Valentine’s Day. The theater creates a cozy atmosphere and comes with conversation afterwards. Additionally, the proximity to other stores such as Barnes & Noble gives you the option to continue the date.

Pans On Fire

Price: $85

While on the pricey side, this cooking class adds a fun and interactive element to the celebration. Taking a cooking lesson  promotes teamwork, communication, and the joy of creating a meal together. It’s a unique way to bond, share laughs, and enjoy a delicious outcome making the experience memorable and special.

Picnic

Price: Varies

Keep it simple with a picnic at one of Pleasanton’s scenic parks. Make or buy your own food and if you’re feeling adventurous, experiment with heart-shaped foods. You can enjoy each other’s company surrounded by nature and have a meal in a relaxed atmosphere. The simplicity and thoughtfulness of a picnic can make the celebration more personal and memorable.

Conclusion

Whether you opt for the movies, pottery painting, or anything else, thoughtfulness and effort is what makes Valentine’s Day memorable. Celebrate your loved ones this year and create special memories regardless of what you do.

• With a plethora of movies coming out this Valentine’s Day, Regal Cinemas is a great way to spend time with your loved one.

• Inklings Coffe & Tea provides beverages, seating, and a cozy environment perfectly suited for a causal hang-out.

• Pleasanton’s various parks provides beautiful scenery for a picnic.