Members of AV Fishing Club pile outside Mr. Lors classroom for a group photo.
Members of AV Fishing Club pile outside Mr. Lor’s classroom for a group photo.
Chong Lor

Club Profile: Fishing Club reels its way into Amador

Founded this year, AVHS Fishing Club is the place for anglers and anglers-to-be to meet and discuss their love for fishing. Though most club members have never gone fishing before, Fishing Club is the best place to begin such a journey.

Overview and Purpose

Being a new club on campus, Fishing Club hopes to bring joy to those interested in fishing through various activities.

“Fishing Club hosts meetings every other Friday out lunch and D12. Mr. Lor’s classroom. We are in the works of planning out a fishing trip to Shadow Cliffs organized by Fishing Club for its members and really anybody who wants to show up” said Fishing Club President Aiden Perez (‘26).

Beyond its regular meetings, AV Fishing Club has become a catalyst for community building within Amador. Its Instagram, @avhs_fishing_club, of around 150 followers provides an inspiring quote each week from Perez. 

To promote their club and unite the campus, Perez is seeking to collaborate with other clubs. The purpose of this being to bring more fun to the campus.

“We go to a lot of different clubs and I talk to their presidents and see if there’s any way that Fishing Club and whatever the club they’re doing could partner up and make something cool,” said Perez.

Club Diversity

While the club seems to be primarily for those experienced in fishing, many of its members have never fished before. Making them eager and looking forward to learning the basics of fishing.

“I looked around and I asked how many people have gone fishing here. And I’d say maybe about 10% of people raise their hands. So I’d say that it’s creating a new community of people who are enjoying and interested in fishing and its activities and that probably wouldn’t have done it otherwise without the club,” said Perez.

Like other clubs, many members have joined with interest or knowledge in the matter of fishing.

“I feel the club’s diversity is very mixed many different grades and levels. A lot more people seem to be beginners and just want to learn about fishing”  said Fishing Club member, Nicholas Accornero (‘26).

Looking Ahead

AV Fishing Club has exciting plans on the horizon, promising new experiences and opportunities for its members including multiple excursions. They also hope to continue promoting the club and pulling in new members to share the joy of fishing.

“There’s a plan to go on a fishing trip with the club pretty soon, anywhere from early to late February, and plans of making a commercial for AVTV,” said Perez.

Many of the Fishing Club’s members are looking forward to their future meetings and events. Excited to explore the environment and fish with friends and members.

I’m very excited for the first time we are going to fish at Shadow Cliffs. I’m excited to go out into nature and fish with friends and gain knowledge and help if I can” said Accornero.

• Officers of AV Fishing Club end yet another spectacular presentation to its members.

• Members of AV Fishing Club raise their hands to ask questions, eager to learn and become more involved in the activity.