3 great shows to binge on a rainy weekend

Jocelyn (Hsin-Chiao) Hsu
Dickinson and Echo, a spinoff from the Marvel series are both available on Apple TV+ while Single’s Inferno is available on Netflix.

Now that the rainy season is in. All people want to do is stay bundled up with a cup of hot coffee and sit by the fire. As a result many online shows have become increasingly popular with millions of people watching them each day. Here are a couple of shows that you can binge watch by yourself, with friends, or family.

Dickinson

Where to Watch: Apple TV

Dickinson, set in the 19th century. This show explores the constraints of society, gender and family from the perspective of a rebellious young poet, Emily Dickinson. Being a comedy, drama, fantasy, and romance series, this show is for ages 15 plus for both men and women. 

The film talks about the struggles young Emily went through as a female poet trying to get her poems published. Not only was her father in the way of her pursuing her dreams, but her best friend became more than she anticipated. 

Echo

Where to watch: Disney+ and Hulu

Echo, based off of the Marvel comics, comes to life as a Marvel mini-series. Unlike other Marvel shows, this show released all the episodes at once. A spin-off series of Hawkeye. This show specifically is focused on a woman named Maya Lopez. The story tells her journey heading back to her hometown to reconnect with her American roots. 

This show is for those who are into the Marvel universe, drama, and adventure. It is an eye captivating and mysterious story of a deaf woman who is on the run from her hometown. On the run, determined to nurse her own wounds, and make a plan to take down Fisk’s criminal empire. 

Single’s Inferno Season 3

Where to watch: Netflix

Single Inferno is a Korean dating reality show. It is the spin-off of the two previous seasons “Single’s Inferno” and “Single’s Inferno Season 2”. Each season contains 10 episodes that are around an hour in length. 

The show started with participants at the deserted island, not knowing the occupation, ages, or any other information about one another. The only way to reveal facts and escape from the poor condition island is to match up as couples. The pair gets to enjoy a romantic date light at paradise, a luxury hotel with prestigious foods and facilities. 

This show is recommended for those who enjoy watching K-drama or romantic comedies. It is worth watching since there’s always unexpected plot twists from one episode to the next.