AV Pride: Where to go to acquire your school spirit wear for the upcoming year?

Kendall Witters
Don Squad is known for their spirit, which is not only projected through their voices, but is also visible in what they wear to support their fellow Dons!

Every Friday, students and teachers can participate in Don Deckout, a day to show your selection of purple and gold school gear, sold by the leadership class, AV Journalism, and PTSA.

“[PTSA] is on our Future Fund and you can go on that and you can order different Don’s Amador clothing,” said Attendance Secretary Kelly Cantu.

PTSA is one of the three sellers of Don Deckout gear, and prices range from $18-45. Their online catalog includes caps, T-shirts, pullover hoodies, and pants from regular to a centennial design. 

“[Students can purchase] through the Student Web Store, that’s primarily where people buy stuff,” said Leadership Advisor Shawn Weber. 

The “Spirit Wear” on the AVHS ASB store is sold at a cost of $20 but sold for $15 cash during flash sales. Flash sales during lunch are announced through the AVHS Dons Instagram

“[AV Journalism is] one of three groups selling Don Deckout gear, [and] you can buy them through PTSA or leadership, but we also sell AV Originals T-shirts,” said Journalism Advisor Wendy Connelly

The AV Originals T-shirts are sold for $15, cash only, or through the website or at the activities office with a credit card for $20. Dons can purchase the $15 cash-only deal at room J-4’s coffee cart

• Attendance Secretary Kelly Cantu holds a AVHS centennial design T-shirt, which is available on the PTSA website.

“I think it’s important for students to feel connected to the school and Don Deckout days are one of the best ways we can show our school pride and show that we are part of the Amador Valley community,” said Connelly.  

Not only does it show a connection to your school and fellow students, but you also support the organizations such as PTSA, AV Journalism, and leadership with funds. So while it is available on the website, Don Deckout gear will also be sold at Pigskin, too. 

“I would recommend that [if] students [are] interested in buying [pullover hoodies, sweatshirts, T-shirts], that they get here early to pigskin because they will sell out stuff that’s really popular,” said Weber