Students’ review on LeBron vs. Curry face-off

In the multiple match-ups during past Finals, Curry and LeBron fight for another chance at the Larry O’Brien Trophy.

Rishit Agnihotri, Staff Writer

With the 2023 NBA Conference Semifinals underway, students at Amador Valley are excited to watch the Warriors vs. Lakers, where Lebron James and Stephen Curry will face off for a spot in the Conference Finals.

“Well, I think you have the two best players in the last like 12 years and in a way it kind of gives you that Kobe vs. Jordan feeling when you have two players that have been the best in the world. So I think that that aspect alone is really, really exciting, uh, to watch them compete against each other,” said Daniel Jones, AV P.E Teacher.

Currently, the Lakers lead the series 3-2 with the Warriors trailing for a victory in Game 7. Statistically, Lebron has had a better season with the Lakers, while Steph has been leading the Warriors to crucial victories, such as his Game 7 performance against the Kings. 

“It’s been a rivalry for a long time now. Steph and Lebron are just two of the best basketball players and seeing them going at it just makes the games a lot more exciting,” said Rohan Patil (‘25).

While the playoff season always gathers a large audience, the Warriors vs. The Lakers series has shattered records, with Game 3 bringing in 9.7 million viewers. This uptick of interest comes from many factors, such as past Finals between the two players in 2018-2019 and the accolades the two have received. 

“The past Finals really put into perspective how good Lebron and Steph really are because you see both of them perform at their best with something to lose. People just love to watch it because the games are always close, so the audience is always in anticipation,” said Anikeith Chundari, AV Basketball Player (‘25).

Students at Amador have been keen on the series as well, with both teams having some of the largest fan bases in California. Now in anticipation, fans are getting ready for another great game between the two teams to fight for a spot in the Conference Finals.

“If I had to choose, I would choose the Golden State Warriors to win, but I will say that I am truly just enjoying watching the two best players on the planet play basketball,” said Jones.