Local businesses visit campus for April Job Fair

Katy Clark

Over 20 local businesses gathered in the quad to present summer job opportunities to students.

Katy Clark, AVT Page Editor

On Thursday, Apr. 19, local businesses and chains around the Tri Valley area set up booths in the quad during lunch to show high school kids the vast array of jobs available in the area. Many students showed up to walk around and see what the job fair had to offer.

“I visited the booths for Bay Club, Ridge Runners, and DBAC. I’m planning on applying for a job at Bay Club at the kid’s club. If I don’t end up doing that, I’m also interested in being a lifeguard because I have swim team experience,” said Laney Parker (‘25).

Many summer camp businesses attended from Bay Club and Adventure Day Camp, to the Danville Recreation, Arts, and Community Services. Many summer camps look for high school students in need of a summer job. In addition, summer jobs were also available for people to work at the Alameda County Fair for its twenty day stint at the fairgrounds.

“This is my first time coming to the job fair here at Amador. We are looking for great, exciting energetic individuals that want to be a summer camp counselor that is going to share that experience with the children as they sign up for Bay Club,” said Bay Club employee Vanessa Bowling.

Other businesses in attendance included those centered around summer activities like the American Swim Academy, the City of Pleasanton Recreation, and the Sky Zone Trampoline Park. Businesses like In and Out were also looking for year round workers, advertising their starting wages at $20 an hour.

“We have been teaching swim lessons for over fifty years. We are celebrating our fiftieth anniversary, and we are looking for fun and energetic individuals who want to make an impact at their job. We are offering part time positions for swim instructors and no experience is required. We have a paid training program that will teach you everything you need to know on how to teach swim lessons and make a difference in a child’s life,” said American Swim Academy Marketing and Recruiting Director Jennifer Oliveira.