Girls lacrosse participates in “play day” at Carondelet High

The+Amador+Valley+girls+lacrosse+team+prepares+to+take+the+field+at+the+play+day.+

Tatum Krekorian

The Amador Valley girls lacrosse team prepares to take the field at the “play day.”

Sebastian Diligent, Staff Writer

The Amador Valley girls lacrosse team participated in a “play day” at Carondelet High School on Feb. 19, scrimmaging against potential opponent schools for the regular season.  

At the event, the Dons were ready to compete and  show off the hard work they had been putting in during the preseason.

“We have been practicing very hard this last week and during the preseason, we have been in the weight room trying to get stronger,” said Celeste Murphy (‘23).

The play day gave the Dons a great opportunity to determine how well they can compete against other teams and highlighted other areas of necessary improvement.

“It was important to see the competition and see how we match up against them. This was our first time going against a team that isn’t ourselves,” said Aubrie Asbery (‘23).

Amador scrimmaged with a few high schools from surrounding cities in the Bay Area. Scores were not tracked or recorded, but the team was happy with the way they played.

“The play day was awesome. We had some really good scrimmages against San Ramon Valley, Monte Vista, and Dublin High. We learned a lot about how we can play and improve before we get into league play,” said head coach Kyle Riddle.

After the play day, the team is confident in their abilities and have high expectations to have a successful season against EBAL teams.

“We have many good players and if we work together, we can win EBAL. I think our team is really good at communication and at this point, our team does not have any weaknesses,” said Murphy.

The team has been persistently working hard on their skills and  improving their overall team chemistry each day, not just as a team, but as a family.

“We have really good players across the field. We work like a team and we all love each other. Lacrosse to us is like a very big family,” said Murphy.

The Dons will play their first game at home against Davis High School on Feb. 25