Amador students give their Super Bowl predictions

Provided by Ali Ulusu

Ali Ulusu (‘23) supported the Kansas City Chiefs after the Chiefs beat the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Championship in the 2021-22 season.

Jaylon Shaghasi, Staff Writer

With Super Bowl 57 coming up on Feb. 12, Amador students are supporting the two teams that remain: the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs. Some students support their city’s team, while others support their favorite players.

The NFL playoffs start off with seven teams in each conference. The teams play on their respective sides of the bracket until two teams remain to play one another in the Super Bowl.

“I was born in Kansas City so I support the Kansas City Chiefs. I have been a fan since I was very young and I think they will win another Super Bowl like they did in 2020,” said Ali Ulusu (‘23).

The Kansas City Chiefs won Super Bowl 54 after defeating the San Francisco 49ers 31-20. They will now take on the Philadelphia Eagles led by quarterback Jalen Hurts in Glendale, Arizona.

“The Eagles look like a really difficult team to beat, especially with being ranked the second-best defense in the league. The Chiefs are an amazing team led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes, but the Eagles’ offense is too explosive along with their lockdown defense,” said Mikail Mirza (‘23).

The Philadelphia Eagles beat the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship game after scoring 31 points against the 49ers’ number-one-rated defense. The Eagles also recorded four rushing touchdowns against San Francisco’s number-one rushing defense.

“I think the game will come down to the wire because these are two evenly matched teams. But at the end of the day, the Eagles will take it home. The Chiefs may have the better quarterback, Patrick Mahomes, but the Eagles have the better defense. And like they always say, defense wins championships,” said Mirza.

The Eagles and Chiefs were both the number one seed in their respective conference. Both teams were able to win two playoff games at home on their way to a Super Bowl berth.

“The winning factor for me will have to be how each team runs the ball. If the Chiefs cannot run the ball, then the game will not be close, and vice versa. The passing game will be equal and I know that the Eagles will have the better defense. But (the Chiefs) have the most elusive quarterback in the league and I can’t wait to see how Philly handles him,” said Ulusu.