What to expect at the annual Amador Career Fair

Kimberly Woodworth

The annual Career Fair will be held during ACCESS in the large gym on April 28th, and will feature over 10 exciting industries.

Ritika Gupta, AVT Page Editor

On April 28 in the large gym, Amador students will get to explore over 10 diverse industries through the annual Career Fair.

“We have lots of different industries [being represented at the career fair] including education and family services, energy and utilities, engineering and architecture, medical technology, hospitality and tourism, marketing, sales, public services, transportation, information technology, and the arts,” said ROP specialist Kimberly Woodworth.

Different from typical career fairs, representatives at Amador’s fair will be sharing their pathway to success in their specialized industry, instead of advertising their companies. Because of this, not many internship opportunities will be showcased at the event.

“Right now during COVID, it’s been hard for high school students to get internships based on different restrictions, so there’s not as many opportunities right now for those,” said Woodworth.

Though it may seem like the future is set in stone, having more exposure to different careers may help in solidifying interests or exploring a new exciting industry.

“If we want to be successful in the career market, I think we have to be nimble, curious, collaborative, and problem-solvers. The world is changing and we need to be prepared to change with it,” said PUSD superintendent David Haglund.

To help prepare for the event, a list of the different industries and representatives was sent out on Friday by email to all students. Along with the list, there is also a video made by an Amador parent and author which explains more and how to make the most of the fair.

“[The career fair] allows students to explore potential career options after high school or college and learn more about their passions. It’s rare to have an opportunity to meet professionals from across all industries and learn from them firsthand about what they do,” said Joe Dai (‘23).

The career fair is an exciting opportunity to discover various pathways and industries, and hopefully help narrow down possible career options. 

“Many of the old pathways that produce stability are not going to produce stability in the future. We should always be looking at where the career paths are going and how the different career fields are shifting,” said Haglund.