Disneyland reopens to California

Disney+opened+up+almost+all+attractions+and+restaurants.+They+also+opened+up+all+stores+with+limited+capacity.++

Madison C

Disney opened up almost all attractions and restaurants. They also opened up all stores with limited capacity.

River Johnson, Junior Editor

For the past 14 months or so, just about everything has been closed because of the pandemic. Restaurants, businesses, schools, and much more. Along with so many other indefinite closings, Disneyland, one of California’s best attractions, has been closed since March 2020.

Now that the end of the pandemic is on the horizon and the light of the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter and brighter, many public places have been reopening across the world, including the long awaited reopening of Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure!

It is so good to see the public reopen, not to mention one of California’s best features reopening. The opening date for the Disney parks has been long awaited by many to be announced.

The parks will be open to 25% capacity and only to California residents, which makes a lot of sense as it will help to keep the park as safe as possible corresponding with the guidelines of the remaining rules of the pandemic and to limit the amount of people coming from out of town and mixing in.

It is unknown when the park will reopen to all guests, but it is surely not too far in the future from now. 

As for what the inside of the park looks like during the opening, it seems like Disney has taken measures to ensure their environment is covid safe. On top of the California residents only and 25% capacity, masks-on environment, 6 feet apart from others, and overall basic pandemic rules will be followed.

Certain rides and attractions will be closed, but thankfully not too many. Multiple attractions will be on virtual queues too.

This means that you cannot walk up to the front of the attraction and get in a line, you must join a virtual boarding group online and wait for your designated time to ride, almost like pulling a number at the DMV. 

Overall, it seems that nothing will change too much at Disney parks. It’s amazing that they are finally reopening. It feels like just yesterday the parks were closed down.

The long awaited Avengers campus will open on June 4th, and will surely be a very exciting attraction at the California Adventure park.

The Disney parks opening is such a great thing to see, because not only does it mean that so many people can finally visit such an amazing place again, but it is also one step closer to fully leaving the Covid-19 pandemic behind us.