Key Club makes goodie bags for custodians

Mandy Wong

Sarah Yang (’23) and MIlla Zuniga (’23) pose with completed goodie bags.

Sarah Yang, Infographics Editor-in-Chief

Realizing that custodians aren’t appreciated enough, Key Club decided to make goodie bags for them. On May 24, the club put together presents thanking the custodians they felt deserved some little gifts before the school year ended.

“We chose custodians because we felt like they were not getting as much appreciation as they deserved for making such an impact on our community. We came up with this idea because we wanted to appreciate the Amador staff in honor of  Teacher Appreciation Week,” said vice president Leland Chung (‘25).

The officers purchased bags, ribbons, chocolate, mints, mini soap bars, and paper for the goodie bags. During the lunch meeting, members made cards and wrote thank-you notes on them while assembling the bags’ contents together. 

“It was important because it’s always good to recognize and appreciate our staff that do so much for us. My favorite part was making them with friends,” said Terrence Moore (‘23).

After all, the custodians have worked extremely hard this entire year, especially with the new R building and everyone returning from quarantine. Key Club hopes their efforts will brighten up the custodians’ day.

My favorite part while making them was working with people I love and thinking of nice things to say which put me in a better mood. Sometimes we overlook the things [the custodians] do for the school and it is important to show it explicitly that we really thank them,” said Aditi Pattanshetti (‘23).

It is important to recognize the importance of custodians because they clean the school every day, making sure students can learn in a clean and organized classroom, and have an enjoyable lunch without being surrounded by trash. Sometimes, a simple card or a few pieces of chocolate can show one’s appreciation for their hard work and effort.