Winter Sports Preview

Back to Article
Back to Article

Winter Sports Preview

Junior Stokley Chaffee shoots in last year’s foothill basketball game.

Rachel Bench

Rachel Bench

Rachel Bench

Jacob Vance, Staff Writer

Basketballs being dribbled and people thrown onto mats and soccer balls glazing the turf leads into the start of winter sports.

These teams end their pre-season anxiously waiting to start their games against opposing schools in EBAL’s.

Senior Aaron Shreve, a member of the men’s varsity basketball team said, “The whole team gets along very well which helps us succeed on the court.”

“Our team has very good chemistry and that’s helps us bond as team which lets me be very confident as we walk into this season,” said Shreve.

Senior Courtney Seams, a member of the women’s varsity basketball team stated, “I feel our team will strive to make NCS this year and though we have a small team, we are going to develop a lot and have a great season.”

Senior Nate Howald on the men’s varsity soccer team said, “Our team has been working very hard and we are going to achieve great things this year by working together.”

Howald also said, “I feel I am going to have a great year because I have a great coaching staff and teammates that allow me to excel as a player.”

Lastly, senior Matthew Westcott, on the wrestling team said, “I am very confident that the wrestling team is going to have a great year because most of the team has really grown in our past years in high school which will allow me to also strive to be a better wrestler and teammate.”

Soccer, Basketball, and Wrestling will be the three sports representing Amador this winter.

Our sports teams are making their way into the season with high hopes in making NCS on their journey through this winter sports season.