Salted Cheese in Boba Tea: Happy Lemon is Now Open in Pleasanton!

Harshika Sethi, Page Editor

Happy Lemon, a Chinese boba tea chain shop, has recently opened less than two miles away from Amador Valley High School. Happy Lemon may seem like the average boba tea shop, however, one topping makes all the difference: salted cheese.

Salted cheese in boba doesn’t sound too appealing to most people, however, many who visit Happy Lemon would say otherwise.

“A lot of people are super nervous to try drinks with salted cheese, but I always recommend it,” said a Happy Lemon employee.

Amongst their many different types of drinks, including their original freshly made black milk tea, Happy Lemon adds salted cheese, upon request, as a topping. This may seem a far stretch from classic milk tea toppings such as Honey Boba, Popping Boba, and Jelly, but many students have reviewed the combination as an unexpected delicacy.

“A lot of customers order from our salted cheese, most of the time it’s our black tea with salted cheese as it is our most popular drink. A lot of customers also order double or triple salted cheese and some even order an extra cup of just salted cheese,” said one of Happy Lemon’s employees.

Even if you’re looking for classics, they have categories of drinks to choose from, including the salted cheese series, milk tea series, lemon series, specialties, smoothies, and the yakult series.

Happy Lemon’s salted cheese selection includes: green tea with salted cheese, black tea with salted cheese, milk tea with salted cheese, and chocolate with salted cheese. In fact, it is so popular now that lines have been shooting out the door.

“On BOGO (buy one get one free) day,  my coworkers said lines were out the door and all the way down the sidewalk and it was a non stop flow of people, said another Happy Lemon employee.

This new bubble tea with salted cheese, is one of the biggest buzz here in Pleasanton. Happy Lemon is open from 11 a.m.- 10 p.m on most days for those who want to try their interesting topping.