No Space for Kevin Spacey

The famous Hollywood star, making appearances in popular franchises such as Call of Duty and House of Cards, was accused of molesting Anthony Rapp.

Joshua Kyong, Staff Writers

We give publicity to the unwanted, money to the despicable, and fame to the undeserving. When will we take back these titles and give them to those that truly deserve them?

Kevin Spacey, a famous actor that played in the House of Cards, was accused of sexually assaulting younger men and colleagues by“groping” them, touching them, and giving them unwanted attention. He was about to be given an Emmy Award before that title was revoked because of his actions.

After these allegations were made against Spacey, he then went on to claim that he was “homosexual”. As if telling the world this small fact would make his past mistakes alright. “[The fact that] this coming up just after the allegations,” said Benjamin Mishler-Culwell (‘18),was an excuse to pardon himself from these wrongdoings.

His belief was that by putting himself as part of the LGBTQ community, he would save both his image and his career. The audacity that this man had is unprecedented. Just who does this man think he is? People have been saying that after the accusations made against Weinstein, more people are claiming to have been assaulted by these famous actors for a want of publicity. However, there have been more than 10 allegations made against Spacey.

Kevin Spacey is truly the epitome of despicable t o claim that he has a right to assault those that work for and with him. To believe that his crimes can be pardoned by a simple confession and an excuse that he was drunk. To shove even a modicum of blame by association to the LGBTQ + community. To even think that he had a right to any of this is completely ridiculous.

Kevin Spacey is both a pedophile and an assaulter. He should be punished and have the world made aware of his wrongdoings. Settling down in some “therapy” for the rich is not even close to atonement.