Lady Gaga Postpones European Tour

Jazmine Ramanathan, Staff Writer

The Pop Icon, Lady Gaga has been on her Joanne tour since August 1st. Lady Gaga’s original dates for her tour were Sept. 21 through Oct. 28, however, it was postponed to early 2018, because Lady Gaga hit a bump in her road, due to some physical complications that she has to personally overcome before she can continue to do what she loves for her fans

She has been stuck with a terrible condition called, Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by musculoskeletal pain with side effects of memory, sleep, mood issues and fatigue. Professionals and researchers believe that Fibromyalgia disrupts how the brain processes pain signals.

Gaga took to Twitter and Instagram to voice her illness that she has struggled with for a duration of her adulthood.

“Searching for years to get to the bottom of them. It is complicated and difficult to explain, and we are trying to figure it out. As I get stronger and when I feel ready, I will tell my story in more depth and plan to take this on strongly so I can not only raise awareness, but expand research for others who suffer as I do, so I can help make a difference…”

She used her online presence to really shed light on the illness, which helped people during with this as well.

The Singer has decided to create a documentary, Gaga: Five Foot Two on her illness that premiered on the 22nd of September. The documentary follows Gaga through her 5-year journey of fighting this illness, showing her ups and downs and her final realization that she is good enough for this world, captivated for her viewing audience. Many say that it doesn’t capture anything that she is known for, and only speaks of self-absorption that she seems to contain. However, others say that it shows her struggles and how she built herself to overcome such are endeavors.

“I love Lady Gaga with all my heart and I think she is doing amazing for herself during this rough patch in her life. Her documentary really captivated her pain, struggle and ultimate determination that she has within her. She is, and forever will be my idol and I hope she comes out better and strong from this. I know she will.” says David Gjerde (10). David is an avid fan of Gaga and really took to heart during her illness and recovery journey.

Gaga hopes that she will be able to resume her tour as soon as possible and will be able to recover as much as possible for her fans, family friends, and herself.