Pigskin Recap

Jerry Garcia ('18) lead blocks for Tommy Kramer ('18) on a punt return in Pigskin game against California.

Mike Shaffer

Mike Shaffer

Jared Caldwell, Staff Writer

The school year may have started just about a month ago but one of Amador’s most anticipated and biggest social events of the year will leave a lasting impact on many.

Friday September 15th was Amador’s annual Pigskin Classic, which is an opportunity to watch Amador’s first regular seaso

Mike Shaffer
Jerry Garcia (’18) lead blocks for Tommy Kramer (’18) on a punt return in Pigskin game against California.

n football home game along with Amador’s clubs out on the blacktop hosting booths with activities, food, and plenty of apparel before the game.

The annual Amador Valley Pigskin had the energy and support from all of Amador’s students.  There’s a number of seniors who caught some sentimental feelings last friday’s event. For seniors, this will be there last Amador Pigskin as a student at Amador.

“It surely means a lot to me, I remember coming to games before we were even freshmen,” says Michael Wiborn (‘18).

Meanwhile, other seniors pushed passed the feelings and embraced the Amador spirit.

“In my opinion, being a senior is one of the best parts of it because we get to stand in the front of the purple pit.” says Raquel Kock (‘18).

The other classes had a night to remember.

“Pigskin was awesome, I had such a great time with my friends checking out the booths.” says Jonathan Ouyang (‘19).

Amadors clubs and programs filled the blacktop with booths and fundraisers for programs. Among them there was the eye-catching Amador Girls Basketball booth.

In front of their booth, the girls set up an entertaining vertical jump challenge to see who could jump the highest. (pictured below)

“My group of friends actually tried out the jump. None of my friends were able to reach my mark since I went first but there was a lot to do with other booths too,” says Andrew Herron (‘20).

Leadership spent time setting up their own fundraisers for Amador.

“The money raised is all going to separate categories depending on what people buy. But most of the money goes to the general ASB fund,” says Senior ASB President Austin Lucero (‘18).

Although both Amador’s JV and Varsity football teams lost, there’s no doubt they played with heart and hustle to represent the spirit of Amador Valley.

Amador’s Pigskin classic was an unforgettable night for a number of Amador students.  Amador has one more home game this season against Livermore which will be Senior Night and the Homecoming Game. Come watch your Dons at home one last time!