Tenth In the State: Girl’s Lacrosse

Bliss Bergmark, Staff Writer

With only two games left in the regular season, the Amador Valley girls’ lacrosse team finds themselves ranked top ten in the state. The girls’ team, with a 15-3 record, are ranked tenth in the state and sixty-fifth in the nation.

Although the girls’ lacrosse team has had many successful seasons within the past few years, the girls are especially dominant this season. The two biggest factors to the team’s success are the team’s chemistry and the incoming freshmen.

“I think that our teamwork is really good and we have really good team chemistry, and we also have a positive attitude and of course our Head Coach Chelsea is amazing. I feel like we can really go far this year.” said freshmen Catherine Murphy (‘20).

The close-knit atmosphere between the girls on the team, along with their coach’s leadership, allows the players to trust each other on the field and play without limits.

The other major factor making the team stronger are the new freshmen players. On an eighteen person team, eight of the players are freshmen. The freshmen are extremely talented and have brought a great energy to the team. Both the captains agree that the freshmen  on the team are the real deal.

“This year I think that the team is really dominant because from the first time we ever played together we really meshed together very well. It was a very new team because half of our team are freshmen this year, and they’ve been playing together for a really long time, and I think we just work really well together. It’s been a good year!” said senior and team captain Isabella Freschi (‘17).

“This year we got an awesome group of freshmen and even though they’re super young they have a lot of confidence, which is so awesome, so there are a lot more people on attack that feel confident to drive and score, so that’s been helping us a lot. And we all hang out and we all have a lot of fun, so I think the team chemistry is big this year.” said senior and team captain Sadie Grozier (‘17).

The Varsity boys Lacrosse team has also done extremely well this season, to read more about their season, you can go to https://www.amadorvalleytoday.org/3075/sports/boys-lax-dominating/

Hopefully the both teams will continue to dominate into the postseason!