Stranger Things Season 2 Predictions

The Verge

The Verge

Zachary Kolia, Staff Writer

Warning: If you have not watched Season 1 of Stranger Things, do not continue reading.

Everyone has been anxious for Season 2 of the hit Netflix Original Series, Stranger Things. On Super Bowl Sunday, the first trailer for the new season was unexpectedly released and has left people excited, yet confused.

“Stranger Things is my favorite show on Netflix, I can’t wait for the new season” said Hunter Stokes (‘20).

After season 1, people were left on the edge and have many unanswered questions. How is eleven alive? Is it actually Will that has been saved? What happened to Barbara? All those questions will be answered soon but for now all we can do is patiently wait.

“The directors built up so much suspense throughout the whole series and then just left us on the edge, nobody really knows what is going to happen in the new season” said Luke Dewilde (‘17).

In the final episode of season 1, Eleven sacrifices herself to defeat the Demigorgan and save Will along with the rest of the town. Will goes back to his everyday life, but has unusual visions. In the last scene of season 1, Will leaves the dinner table and throws up some kind of liquid from the Demigorgan that goes down the drain. After this scene the episode ends and everyone is left confused.

“I think that Will is going to turn into a demigorgan and bring elements of the upside down into his hometown” said Mahlia Jackson (‘19).

Another concern after season 1 is that there wasn’t really answers to what happened to Barbara. Everyone’s focus was on saving Will. Was there a reason Barbara did not get as much attention as Will did? How did Will survive the Demigorgan yet Barbara didn’t? Is Barbara actually dead?

“I think that Eleven is going to come back and reunite with the gang as they try to find out what happened to Barbara” said Kaitlyn Jones (‘18).

Season 2 is officially being released on Netflix this Halloween. Don’t expect to see kids out trick or treating this year.