Leadership begins Welcome Week with Club Fair

Zaynah Shah

Art Club officers organize their promotional booth and introduce their club to interested students.

Zaynah Shah, Junior Editor in Chief

With the intention of introducing students to Amador’s club culture, the annual Club Fair was held in front of the library during lunch on both Thursday and Friday of last week. 

“At lunch, we had Welcome Week, where basically a bunch of clubs got the opportunity to show what they’re all about to the student body. We had a two day event, because I knew if we had a one day event, there would not be enough time in the short lunch period for people to see all the clubs,” said ASB Vice President Sam Montoya (‘23).

Showcasing over forty different clubs, the fair was intended to promote the various topics these clubs have to offer. The clubs gathered in individual booths providing information about their general activities, as well as holding open sign up sheets for any interested students.

“I think it’s a really great idea for the students to see what they can experience throughout their years at Amador. I think that it’s a good way for them to meet other people and just have fun during the school year,” said Max Dye (‘26).

For the few years coming out of the pandemic, club recruitment has been relatively slow, but this year, the clubs hope to increase in their participating members and play a more active role on campus.

“We had nearly thirty people sign up on the email list today which was great. It’s really great to have that kind of turnout come back into the club and I’m really happy to see it,” said Shreya Modak (‘23), an officer for the Step Up club. 

With a slight change in scheduling from past years, the club fair was held in the first week of this school year as opposed to during its usual timing at freshman orientation.

“In the past, people during orientation were just trying to get through it and didn’t want to stop, and so we decided that having the fair at lunch time would be more beneficial,” said Montoya.

Clubs will have more opportunities this year to get their names out, as well as having the chance to sell promotional items at future events.

“There will be plenty more opportunities for clubs to advertise this year. We have Pigskin, and other club fairs, and so I’m super excited to work with all the clubs,” said Montoya.

• Sathvik Parasa (’23) poses in front of the AV Engineers banner.

• Samaira Mehta (’24) and Ishan Junnarkar (’24) explain the DECA Business club with the help of their tri-fold board.

• Students gathered in front of the library during lunch to find out what Amador’s clubs have to offer.