Amador shade structure is installed

Sara Kracke

The sturdy shade structures cover about six tables each, covering the sun from shining in the students eyes.

Sara Kracke, Photo Editor

The shade structure has finally been completed! This project has been in the works since mid-September. Seniors and juniors who previously had their tables moved outside the library, are happy to have their tables back in the quad.

“I think [the shade structures] is going to be really nice in the months of August when it is really hot out,” said Sophia Marucx (‘23).

There are four green shade structures covering about six tables each. Students won’t get much use out of them right now but as the spring months start to approach they will become more useful.

“The [shade structure] gives you a nice place to sit and creates good shade,” said Kyle Bedell (‘23).

One of the problems students have been talking about is the lack of outside protection especially with birds, weather and other outside disruptions. With these shade structures, students can feel more comfortable sitting outside.

“The shade structure is cool, it makes the courtyard look way better,” said Nika Motaghedi (‘23).