Dons finish season in NCS Round 1 Vs. Liberty: Fall Sports Recap

Back to Article
Back to Article

Amador Football was one of sports that made it to NCS.

Chloë Shaw, Staff Writer, Photo Editor

On Saturday November 15th, our Amador Dons Varsity Football players played in the first round of NCS. The Dons travelled to Liberty’s field with the JV players as well as some freshmen. Unfortunately the game ended 33-14 to Liberty.

Even though we did not advance to the next round of NCS, we are still very proud of our Football Team, with a total of six wins and one of those being against Foothill High School, our rival school. We as a school are extremely proud of this year’s football team and know that next football season is going to be great!

Many of our Varsity Dons have been playing Football since a young age and were extremely sad to see it all end so quickly in one night.

Many seniors including Will Guilfoile (#1), Kolin Maas (#2), Mitchell Copenhover (#5), Adam Schmit (#7), Zeke Burgermeister (#9, Nick Pappis (#11), Harrison Mayo (#17), Colin Miller (#19), Michael Iglesias (#21), Malachi Davidson (#23), Omid Eibagi (#31), Jacob Felix (#33), Nick Martin (#36), Bryce Olson (#38), Nathan Washam (#39), Alex Skowron (#42), Patrick Pipitone (#45), Zaya Kolia (#47), James Moore (#50), Tucker Quinn (#51), Victor Mandez (#53), Jacob Gigilotti (#56), Matt Huo (#60), Chase Barkdull (#71), Ildar Sabirov (#72), and Walker Hamilton (#76), will be greatly missed on and off the field, and we wish them luck for the future.