Study Playlist

Cover by Sierra Deaver

Parth Mishra, Staff Writer

Finals are a stressful period for all students, especially if one has challenging classes. Sometimes, studying for these exams requires a certain atmosphere that can only be evoked by music. So, here’s a playlist made by us in the AVRadio team that you can use to free yourselves from some of that test anxiety and focus on this final hurdle between you and summer vacation!

Velvet Light by Jakob

Why not set a chill mood right before you start studying? Nighttime studying made more somber than ever.

Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

Always nice to listen to an oldie right after you start losing your will to study. Makes you think of the skinniest Jackson dodging zombie bites by breakdancing through them.

Leave The Door Open by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic

A recent superhit that makes 24K Magic sound like an underground R&B classic. Always a wonder on the ears. 

Neon Guts by Lil Uzi Vert (feat. Pharell Williams)

There’s literally nothing to take away from this song. It just sounds good.

CAN’T GET OVER YOU by Joji (feat. Clams Casino)

I don’t know if Joji strives to make a statement by typing every one of his song titles in all caps, but it’s alright. I’m sure that doesn’t affect how you will listen to the song.

Feeling Dizzy by Everything But The Girl

Bobbing your head to this beat is very enticing. Try not to fall for the temptation.

Comfort Zone by Yot Club

The title’s quite ironic because you’ll be way out of your comfort zone while you’re listening to this song (Unless you enjoy finals, I guess). 

After Hours by The Weeknd

The Weeknd’s voice is too majestic. Don’t get too into it, though. You still got many more subjects to go through.

Come Back to Earth by Mac Miller

Very sad song, but it’s just the perfect mix of background music and immersive singing.

Swing Lynn by Harmless

Longer songs deserve some love too. Swing Lynn is possibly the perfect song to jam to while you’re studying.

Go Easy by Mac DeMarco

This song reminds me of the time I ran away from home after my mom scolded me for stealing cookies. No need to focus on the lyrics all that much.

Le Que Siento by Cuco

Makes you want to envision your own imaginary romance. But then you realize you ought to finish that paragraph quicker.

Supplier! By Crisaunt

Another very low-key song, doesn’t require more than a few brain cells to enjoy. Even easier to understand the lyrics.

That’s What I Like by Bruno Mars

Never too late to put on some Bruno Mars and dance through that five-minute break you get after studying hard for hours. 

Awake by Chiiild (feat.Mahalia)

A nice alternative R&B track to end the playlist off. Stay awake. You’re almost there.