Grading update: The percentile for failing has been changed

The usual nature of this years’ learning environment has led the school district to create a new grading system.

Matthew Kim, Segments Editor

For the second semester of the 2020-2021 academic school year, the Pleasanton Unified School District has made adjustments to the grading scale. The grading scale for this semester has now lowered the threshold for a D from sixty-nine to fifty percent. 

However, all other grade thresholds will remain the same. This new grading scale will only be for the current semester. The lowered threshold was intended to help students struggling during these tough times, and will allow many students to more easily gain credits that are needed for graduation. 

“I think that lowering the grading scale is really beneficial especially for students who may be experiencing certain mental health conditions, which has made it difficult for them to concentrate in remote learning. This will definitely help these individuals so that they won’t be penalized for the current situation” (Grace Chen ‘21).

As this school year in particular remains a struggle for many students, PUSD hopes to help students with the new grading scale.