AV class officer and ASB elections begin for 2021-2022!

David Cease, Editor

Despite this year’s bizarre circumstances, students and faculty have prevailed in their attempts to bring some level of normalcy to students. It has become clear that even though things shut down they don’t necessarily shut off. Amador’s election season is one such thing – student voices will still be heard in who they elect for next year’s class officers and ASB. With that said, here’s a list of the candidates and why they’re running. 

Candidate for sophomore president Kacie Hu has prior experience in leadership classrooms both in middle school and high school and ensures votes that she is excited to listen to all ideas and opinions in order to create the best possible year for incoming sophomores. 

Candidate for sophomore vice president Kriti Gaur is a freshman class officer and has had prior leadership experience in middle school and will bring her knowledge of event-planning and fundraising. Most importantly, she will strive to make next years the best it can be for sophomores. 

Sophomore Secretary/Treasurer candidate Ziyan Liu brings strong enthusiasm and past leadership skills and confirms to voters that she will give 110% to the position. She also will work hard to ensure that next year will be amazing for sophomores. 

Junior President candidate Suvir Kheny understands how tough this year has been and assures voters that, if elected, he will do everything in his power to more than make up for it next year. Kheny has past leadership experience as he was sophomore president and as a freshman class officer. His number one priority is setting up the best junior prom possible and he assures he will be there for students. 

Candidate for Junior President Sara Vannoni hopes to create an inclusive environment via increased transparency between leadership and Amador students. She recognizes that circumstances due to COVID-19 have been less than ideal and, if elected, will work hard to make engaging events that make up for what incoming juniors lost to COVID. With an upbeat personality and former leadership experience Vannoni hopes voters will consider her as their choice. 

Junior Vice-President candidate Mark Attia has goals to establish a solid community, redeem incoming junior’s lost high school experience that was lost due to COVID, host fun social events and fundraisers, and ensure a great prom.

Junior Secretary/Treasurer candidate Emma Baer has been in leadership at Amador for both years she’s attended and has participated on both the Basketball and Track teams and assures voters she’s an expert collaborator. With strong leadership and a bit of vaccine magic Emma believes incoming juniors will be able to get their high school experience back on track in time for an incredible junior year. 

Incumbent candidate for Junior Secretary/Treasurer Evan Lucero is excited to be running for this position again. In the past year, he has worked hard with the other officers and the leadership class and is totally prepared to put in that same work again bringing his experience from this last year.

Senior presidential candidate Riann Sarno is proud to call herself a Don and one of her main goals is to increase the spirit at Amador, and given the circumstances, it is clear  that Amador needs spirit now more than ever. She promises to provide a “memorable” and “epic” year ahead for incoming seniors. 

Candidate for Senior Vice President Kristina Costanzo is determined to make next year better by planning fun senior events and would work hard to make sure seniors have a fun and memorable senior year. Costanzo is determined to make seniors’ last year at Amador a great one.

Fiona Kahl, candidate for Senior Secretary, hopes to use her position in leadership (and as secretary if elected) to bring students together in a positive environment. Although this year has been a lot different with remote learning, she hopes  seniors will be able to come together and enjoy senior year and will work towards that goal. 

Candidate for Senior Treasurer Gordon Tam is excited about making the 2022 school year the most legendary yet for students. He will apply ingenuity and expertise to fundraising and make the senior ball great. He’s an experienced finance manager and investment club officer. If students want a passionate leader and an awesome senior year, he insists you can bank on him and invest in the best!

One of the main reasons Diya Raghavan joined leadership is because of her connection to the school’s atmosphere and people, which naturally led her to want to be treasurer and make next year the best it could possibly be. She hopes that students will vote for her so that she can bring all of the assets and skills that leadership has let me foster to the officer team. She is accountable, trustworthy, friendly and hardworking.

ASB President Candidate Gracie Quinn has dreamed of being a Don since she was at Alisal. But it wasn’t just a dream of going to school at Amador, she dreamed of making it a better place for every Don. She’s been a captain for two sports teams and has received two awards in leadership. Her involvement in many rallies, dances, and more is numerous. She hopes to share her passion for Amador and make next year a great year. 

Candidate for ASB President Brock Uhl has had more than 4 years of leadership experience and has wanted to be ASB President since 7th grade. To make 2022 the happiest year on earth, he assures voters to vote for him! 

Chloe Peissner, candidate for ASB President, is super passionate and dedicated to serving the Amador Valley student body and our community. She has been in leadership for almost 3 years now and has been involved in many different clubs and activities across campus. With the help of her fellow student community, she will do her very best to make sure that every one of us feels like they have a voice and that they feel heard, make Amador a more inclusive and accepting place for everyone, and make next year one of the best in recent memory. 

Grace MacNeil, candidate for ASB Vice President has been in leadership for the past 3 years. If elected, she will promote an environment in which every individual feels heard and represented as well as increase transparency in order to work toward improving Amdor student life. She is a creative and hard-working student and hopes to make the 2021-2022 school year memorable! 

Sarah Nicholson, candidate for ASB Vice President, has been in leadership for the past 4 years and was previously sophomore vice president. She intends to implement eco-friendly policies on campus and increase student spirit. Her primary goal is to amplify student voices. You can count on her next year to make Amador the best it can be. 

Emma Rathjen, candidate for ASB Secretary, plays lacrosse and is involved all across the Amador campus. She’s had a great experience here at Amador, and wants to share that sense of community with all students! Although this past year has been tough, Emma hopes to make next year as memorable as possible. She vows to be an advocate for the entire student body and turn your ideas for Amador into a reality. 

Candidate for ASB Secretary, Tasha Laberge hears students and will advocate for them. She loves Amador and her goal as secretary is to spread Amador spirit and work together in order to make next year the best one yet. A vote for Laberge is a vote for the high school spirits you miss.

ASB Secretary candidate, Aadit Policepatil, has had a lot of former leadership experience in the past and has a vision for Amador’s future. One of his main goals is to foster diversity and make sure every voice is heard. Another goal is to make next year amazing to make up for what students were unfortunately not able to do this year. 

Amelia Flores, candidate for ASB Secretary, has lots of experience that shows she’s qualified to be your ASB Secretary–she’s been in Leadership for 3 years now & was a Freshman Class Officer, as well as Sophomore Class Secretary + Treasurer. Clearly, exemplary experience. Her goal is to make everyone feel welcome at Amador & feel like AV is their home. 

Omar Au is running to be your ASB Treasurer. He wants Amador to keep striving to be a diverse, inclusive school where every student feels welcome and represented. Omar is dedicated to doing his job well to make next year great for all students. He assures voters that “if you want Amador to go far, vote for Omar as your ASB Treasurer!”

Brooke Inman, candidate for ASB Treasurer, has been in leadership for two years and is currently Junior class treasurer which has given her the opportunity to have experience within the role and has equipped her with the skills to take on the position as well as its responsibilities. Brooke is determined to do her part in helping you all have the best high school experience you can!